Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · What a dumb ass. Talking about myself.

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · What a dumb ass. Talking about myself.

+100.

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
I'll dissent: IMHO the best possible marriage is one where there is transparency and trust. Lying and hiding stuff, even by omission and even if it's just "gear", is IMHO powerfully self-destructive to the family and to one's own credibility. After all, if I'm willing to hide thousands of dollars in purchases from her, why would she trust that I'm not also hiding an extramarital affair?

My wife and I set overall annual budgets for everything together, including a discretionary account for each of us to do with as we please. That way, we can be sure that as a we are meeting our goals for savings, investment, debt reduction, and so on... and neither one of us so much as blinks when the other pulls out something new and shiny. On the contrary, she's delighted when I show up with a new camera or lens. And I get Christmas presents like my Nikon 1 V1 kit a couple of weeks ago.

Trust and honesty are too critical to sacrifice, even a little tiny bit, for any reason.
...Show more

Pilgrimatic wrote:
"...IMHO the best possible marriage is one where there is transparency and trust. Lying and hiding stuff, even by omission and even if it's just "gear", is IMHO powerfully self-destructive to the family and to one's own credibility."

Thanks. That needed to be said.

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
This thread is both about the OP's gear choices and the effect of those on his marriage. I find it interesting that you object to positive advice, but have nothing to offer those who suggest he "deep-six the wife". How sad.

I wish you the best of luck, and may time and experience bring you wisdom before your current views cause you pain.

In this day and age when so many stories are hitting the news about the lack of respect for someone due solely to their gender, (see India gang rape, shooting a girl who only wants to learn (Pakistan), Ohio students talking about a rape victim they carried from party to party and repeatedly raped, for example) maybe the attitudes on display here could use a little thought before the sarcasm overwhelms common sense.

traylorc wrote:
You want to know why I did not over react to the comments to "deep six the wife". Routinely when you have a thread like this where the topic of someone's marriage is mentioned, there will be sarcastic comments regarding the wife. I give my forum members the benefit of the doubt they are not seriously advocating doing something malicious to the OPs wife.

Second, I do not know the OP....I do not know his wife...I do not have any information about his marriage. Therefore, I am not in an informed position to judge or make any assessment of the
...Show more

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:25 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password