Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · New X-E1 owner joins the forum

ceder
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · New X-E1 owner joins the forum

The reason I use the X-Pro1 is not because of high resolution, if I want that I reach for my 5D II. However, it would be nice if there was a Raw converter that was as good as the X-Pro1's JPGs:

And someone posted a Pentax crop, think I'll do the same:

Hmm, has anyone put a RAF file back in the cam and developed it?

Jan 04, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Toothwalker
• • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · New X-E1 owner joins the forum

Jochenb wrote:
I agree that my example maybe wasn't the best, but here's another one I found on the web:

Fuji RAW file converted with C1 Beta

Look how much better the result is than those ACR ones from Lloyd Chambers.
To me, this performance is acceptable. I like what I'm seeing on my screen when I edit my Fuji files. I don't mind if people don't agree, everybody has their own preferences.

I don't think we can expect an awful lot of aliasing at f/8, but either way this sample does not tempt me to buy that camera.

Jan 05, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Jochenb
• • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · New X-E1 owner joins the forum

Toothwalker wrote:
I don't think we can expect an awful lot of aliasing at f/8, but either way this sample does not tempt me to buy that camera.

That's fine.
It was just to show that the examples at diglloyd are flawed because he used a faulty RAW converter. I'm not saying the sensor gives the same or better fine detail as a bayer one.

Jan 05, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

curious80
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · New X-E1 owner joins the forum

I haven't used an X-Trans cameras so far though I have followed most of the threads about the sensor and have played with some RAW files in ACR and C1 Beta. My impression so far is that in terms of detail X-Trans is not giving any real-life advantage over bayer right now. It is just about at the same level using today's raw converters. However at the same time I have no need for 100% pixel level detail at16MP resolution as I don't print or display my images that big. So while the promised resolution gain might not be there, it doesn't really matter for my uses. What matters more for me is the high iso performance, DR, colors and lenses - all areas where the Fuji seems to perform very well. I understand that if someone needs that last bit of resolution out of the sensor then there might be some limitations. For someone like me it is really just pixel peeping without any real world implications.

Jan 05, 2013 at 06:16 PM
Dave McGaughey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · New X-E1 owner joins the forum

aleksanderpolo wrote:
I thought so too ;D

For a min I thought "did they really have that cool maze pattern?", then I checked the 800E file, nothing destroy aesthetic more than reality

By the way can someone try the accuraw with the imaging resource's samples? I think those are even more demanding than the ones on dpreview. The raws are here:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/fuji-x-e1/fuji-x-e1A7.HTM

AccuRaw converted. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10544673/XE1hSLI00200NR1.jpg

Jan 06, 2013 at 02:38 AM
aleksanderpolo
• • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · New X-E1 owner joins the forum

Thanks, That looks very good and it is probably the best raw converter out there. It actually look better than the OOC jpeg sample on Imaging resources, which for some reason look like mush for the fabrics.

For reference, here's my processed K5-IIs file from lightroom:
farm9.staticflickr.com/8075/8352565424_f48a2a6ecb_o.jpg

Here's one slightly sharpened in gimp, I don't think it really need sharpening though
farm9.staticflickr.com/8495/8351509877_e422ec702f_o.jpg

So Dave, from your experience with AccuRaw, would you say that you are getting more detail out of it than the OOC jpeg?

Dave McGaughey wrote:
AccuRaw converted. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10544673/XE1hSLI00200NR1.jpg

Jan 06, 2013 at 03:09 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password