Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · My daughter's 1D

RogerC11
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · My daughter's 1D

convergent wrote:
While I appreciate your ambition, I can't see how it would be good to have someone that young learning on a 1D. The sheer weight of the thing is going to make it really hard for her to learn good form. I would get the lightest DSLR you can find, and focus on teaching her good form and composition. She'll have more fun in the long run I think.

It is kind cute seeing her holding it though.

Not everyone wants to spend money on another camera just for their kid to practice with.

Jan 01, 2013 at 07:00 PM
spdntrxi
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · My daughter's 1D

Mine use the EOSm

Jan 01, 2013 at 07:04 PM
jwasacz

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · My daughter's 1D

Fantastic idea! I passed my 1DII onto my wife and my daughter (8) is using a PowerShot S100.

Jan 01, 2013 at 07:57 PM
ggOk
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · My daughter's 1D

eventhough I would love to buy her smaller camera, the whole point of giving her the 1D is because I don't use what I already have. it makes no sense to sell my 1d2 for $600 and get an smaller DSLR that can't perform as good as 1D2.

it's heavy for her for sure (even heavier than my 1D3/4)... I do have to carry it for her everywhere we go, and hand it to her when she's ready to shoot

/r
Andy

Jan 01, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

andyjh
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · My daughter's 1D

Seems like yesterday that I paid $4500 for one of those. They're basically paperweights that can take pictures now. Let her have fun!

Jan 01, 2013 at 10:44 PM
ggOk
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · My daughter's 1D

I think she can handle it.. and she loves it.. she hates it when we ask for photos from strangers around us.. "I'm a big girl now!" she quotes.

this taken with 1D4... I do have to fix the horizon level due to her not being able to hold it steady for long time. bottom line, she loves it and I'm so glad she does.

/r
Andy

Jan 01, 2013 at 10:55 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · My daughter's 1D

ggOk wrote:
I think she can handle it.. and she loves it.. she hates it when we ask for photos from strangers around us.. "I'm a big girl now!" she quotes.

this taken with 1D4... I do have to fix the horizon level due to her not being able to hold it steady for long time. bottom line, she loves it and I'm so glad she does.

/r
Andy

Awesome... she takes pretty damn good pictures too.

Jan 02, 2013 at 01:20 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password