p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Need fast, wide angle recommendation

Sigma 24mm f/1.8 AF?

Jan 02, 2013 at 04:40 PM
crazeazn
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Need fast, wide angle recommendation

Aaron D wrote:
Excellent. Thanks again Rusty! I forgot all about photodo and KEH. Was cruising around KEH yesterday. Also made a list of all the lenses mentioned in this thread.

People indoors, in houses. This would be for shooting my own family (HA!) and friends at get-togethers rather inconspicuously. Take this past Christmas for example of people opening gifts. In which case, a little softness may very well be welcome. But, giving some thought to pet photography as well to make some extra $, as I love shooting pets and can always get great shots. But, they move around quite a bit,
...Show more

Unless you have black ceilings whats wrong with an external flash bouncing off the ceiling? in many cases i feel like 1.4/1.2 isnt sufficient enough indoors anyway.

Jan 02, 2013 at 04:46 PM
ZoneV
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Need fast, wide angle recommendation

Yes, I have bought a Vivitar 35mm f/1.9 short time ago. Not sure I have images uploaded to my computer. And I need to search the lens, not sure I I can use it at the 5D a the moment, or I I have to shorten the iris levers.

Jan 03, 2013 at 04:48 AM
ZoneV
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Need fast, wide angle recommendation

Now I have made first tests with the EOS 5D classic and the Vivitar 35mm f/1.9 (serial 28 - Komine made). It has spherical over corrected bokeh in some images, but probably not as funky as the 28/1.9 (I donīt have this for 1:1 comparison).
Sharpness seems quite good.

I need to shave the lens original MD mount back a bit more, at the moment the mirror scratch the mount a bit to get full EOS 5D acceptance with my DIY MD-EOS "adapter".
At the moment it seems like I will like this lens. Probably I could make a small comparison with my Zeiss Contax 35mm f/1.4.

Jan 05, 2013 at 03:50 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.