Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · SnowStream

RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · SnowStream

Down by the creek ...

Dec 29, 2012 at 07:37 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · SnowStream

Hi Kent, nice job here. I think I like the first best because it has a more open feeling in the treetops.

Dec 29, 2012 at 07:41 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · SnowStream

Thanks Ben ... today's tools.

Oh yeah, and a pair of really muddy boots & jeans.

Edited on Dec 29, 2012 at 07:56 PM · View previous versions

Dec 29, 2012 at 07:52 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · SnowStream

Maybe you got the storm that blew through here a couple days ago. This is what my front yard looks like.

Dec 29, 2012 at 07:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · SnowStream

I prefer #1, in #2 the dark water surface lacks reflections that my mind expects to see.

Winter wonderland - looks like a snow with short duration.

Regards,

Bob

Dec 29, 2012 at 08:15 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · SnowStream

Kent,
Snow? Already? Where exactly is your neck of the woods?

Processing excellent in both. Nice job preserving highlights, nailing the exposures. Maybe want to share your metering and any exposure adjustment info?

Compositions:
1. A familiar feel. The log barring part of the path. As cropped I think you have two competing subjects The log and path of the water under those overarching trees in the distance. The logs say stop. The rest says go. I would opt for a different crop/message, cropping maybe halfway up along the right edge of the large log. BTW, nice diagonals.

2. This one more effectively pulls the eye along the water, into the image. The light in the water seems to create a triangular shape, adding to the pull. The foreground sticks add to the natural feel of the scene, but pull my eye there first. I might clone out the lowest which most strongly pulls the eye away from the main scene.

Scott

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · SnowStream

Pleasant feeling. I'd suggest removing the twig that intersects the underside of the log in the first.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · SnowStream

Thank guys ... much input to digest.

Scott ... as to the exposure, I shot to set my "white" snow to between 220 -235. My SLR/C has the ability to give RGB values at the pixel level when I chimp. Knowing that I had ultra-flat lighting and would be adding contrast in post, I wanted to leave myself some headroom.

Plus one at the crops & clones. Wanted to hear from others before I started down that path. Easy to get too "heavy handed" sometimes.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password