Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Help me spend my money! (Another 6d vs. 5dmiii - sorry, but I really ne...

NCAndy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Help me spend my money! (Another 6d vs. 5dmiii - sorry, but I really need help)

The 5D3 is a great all around camera. I think you'll enjoy it!

Jan 01, 2013 at 01:41 PM
whtrbt7
• •
[X]
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Help me spend my money! (Another 6d vs. 5dmiii - sorry, but I really need help)

The 5D3 is a great camera. I wish I saw this thread earlier. My suggestion would have been the 7D since its a 1.6x crop body with 8fps and has pretty good AF. 6D and 5D3 have great low light AF but the weight increases quite a bit. They are also full frame cameras so you lose the distance you used to get with your 50D. The lens I would recommend is the 35L which would allow you to shoot in lower light with a pretty versatile range.

Jan 01, 2013 at 03:22 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Help me spend my money! (Another 6d vs. 5dmiii - sorry, but I really need help)

StillFingerz wrote:
I've not seen any info that says it does...
Specs on canon's website list them for the 5D2, but there is no line item for the 6D...so I'd guess not.

I'd bet the 5D2 actually does better AI Servo AF then. Although who knows, maybe the 6D center point is very large and is faster?

Jan 01, 2013 at 06:30 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Help me spend my money! (Another 6d vs. 5dmiii - sorry, but I really need help)

Ghostrdr wrote:
Ok, I decided on the 5d Mark III. Hopefully, I won't have any regrets.

Buy Dig (an authorized retailer) is having an ebay sale for a little less than the going rates.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-22-3-MP-Digital-SLR-Body-Only-/330851049419

$2899.

Happy New Year everyone.
Rich

good upgrade from the 50D

Jan 02, 2013 at 07:15 AM
Jeffrey Myers
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Help me spend my money! (Another 6d vs. 5dmiii - sorry, but I really need help)

Ghostrdr wrote:
Ok, I decided on the 5d Mark III. Hopefully, I won't have any regrets.

Rich

I read your initial question and the gear you currently own and your interests and photographing subjects.... I double checked to see if it was a post I put up. You have the same body and lenses I have and the same shooting interests. Although my kids are under 4 yrs.

I recently posted a question about upgrading to FF body, but I like what you asked and the responses you got. Please do a follow up post after you test this body out and let me know your thoughts on it. Thanks

Jeff

Jan 02, 2013 at 10:06 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.