Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lexar 400x UDMA7 cards with a Canon 5DMarkII?

douggoss

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lexar 400x UDMA7 cards with a Canon 5DMarkII?

Has anyone upgraded the firmware in their Canon 5DMII to be able to use a UDMA7 CF card?

Amazon has a great sale today 12/28 on a Lexar 400x 64Gb UDMA7 CF card as a gold box special for $84.99.
But before I buy one (have always used SanDisk) I wanted to see if there were any issues with the camera after doing the firmware upgrade. And in general with a Lexar card versus a Sandisk.

Also assume I would have to buy the Lexar card reader that is UDMA7 compatible as well to get the maximum use from the card.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Dec 28, 2012 at 03:51 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lexar 400x UDMA7 cards with a Canon 5DMarkII?

I use Transcend UDMA7 400x 32GB and 600X 64GB cards in my 5DII with no problems. It's been on firmware v 2.1.2 for a long time. As far as a card reader goes, the Lexar USB 3.0 Dual-slot reader is an excellent product.

Dec 28, 2012 at 03:57 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lexar 400x UDMA7 cards with a Canon 5DMarkII?

I have many Lexar 400X 128GB cards. And they will of course work in any Canon body that use CF cards. It's a good and rather fast card for the money it cost. I also have the Lexar Dual slot USB 3 card reader.

Dec 29, 2012 at 06:24 AM
godfather
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lexar 400x UDMA7 cards with a Canon 5DMarkII?

Thanks for the heads up douggoss. I purchased one of the cards from amazon yesterday. $84 feels like a lot of money for a CF card but @ 52 MB per second on my 5d it is probably a good investment. These fast cards make the buffer a non issue for me and makes some of my older cards at 9-16 MB per second a handicap for action shooting.

Has anyone used the lexar dual slot usb 3 on a USB 2 computer. I know it is compatible but I'm wondering what the true reduction in speed would be. I have an older mac pro so I'm deciding between a FW800 reader and this dual slot one (currently have the lexar FW400).

Dec 29, 2012 at 02:23 PM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lexar 400x UDMA7 cards with a Canon 5DMarkII?

There is also the new Lexar 800x CF cards. The price in most shops that I have seen is just a little bit higher than the 400x cards

Dec 30, 2012 at 07:08 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password