Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       7       8       end

Archive 2012 · contax-e-mount af adapter

inglis
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Oh my, manual focus by wheel

Apr 19, 2013 at 01:14 PM
lumis beans
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #2 · contax-e-mount af adapter

inglis wrote:
Oh my, manual focus by wheel

Where did you pull that photo? The wheel is missing in all the product pics on Deo-Tech's site.

Really odd.

Apr 19, 2013 at 01:48 PM
rioni
• • •
p.6 #3 · contax-e-mount af adapter

If anyone (US based) receives their preorder adapter and decides to sell, please shoot me a pm.

Apr 19, 2013 at 03:48 PM
inglis
• •
p.6 #4 · contax-e-mount af adapter

The photo above is linked straight from the test thread at Xitek.com.

Here is the thread in googletranslation,

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://forum.xitek.com/thread-1136266-1-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhjWTGxPWIv7Okno038NDiAZILseBg

Apr 19, 2013 at 05:35 PM
inglis
• •
p.6 #5 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Here is the back from the same thread,

Apr 19, 2013 at 05:37 PM
inglis
• •
p.6 #6 · contax-e-mount af adapter

According to DEO-Tech http://www.deo-tech.com/] The second batch is now available online:
"DEO TECH CONTAX G to SONY NEX AF Adapter
Thank you so much for your support! First batch is all sold!
Next Stock will be available on 4th week of May!
You can order now!"

Apr 21, 2013 at 05:34 PM
lumis beans
• •
p.6 #7 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I've read some early, mechanical G adapters used a similar focus wheel. Have any around had any experience with a G adapter and that style wheel?

I'm having trouble imagining my fat fingers contorting.

Apr 21, 2013 at 06:25 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.6 #8 · contax-e-mount af adapter

lumis beans wrote:
I've read some early, mechanical G adapters used a similar focus wheel. Have any around had any experience with a G adapter and that style wheel?

I'm having trouble imagining my fat fingers contorting.

they suck.

uneven feel, sometimes difficult to turn, and very suboptimal for fine control.

Apr 21, 2013 at 08:51 PM
lumis beans
• •
p.6 #9 · contax-e-mount af adapter

sebboh wrote:
they suck.

uneven feel, sometimes difficult to turn, and very suboptimal for fine control.

Thanks, I suspected. You can power through the rough spots on the "Kipon" type with that big ring, but I just don't see the mechanical advantage for doing so with a wee wheel.

I'll wait until your benevolent awakening, when you decide to makeover ever alt member's G28 in the image of your own.

Apr 21, 2013 at 09:15 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.6 #10 · contax-e-mount af adapter

lumis beans wrote:
Thanks, I suspected. You can power through the rough spots on the "Kipon" type with that big ring, but I just don't see the mechanical advantage for doing so with a wee wheel.

this one might be power assisted though, given the presence of a screw drive motor in the adapter? so maybe it'll be more usable.

lumis beans wrote:
I'll wait until your benevolent awakening, when you decide to makeover ever alt member's G28 in the image of your own.

ha, that's a matter of the expense in my time and my money. i'd be happy to do it for anyone who wants, but delays would be long and the cost would be higher than most would consider worth it i imagine.

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

serhan_
• •
p.6 #11 · contax-e-mount af adapter

It looks like the adapters were shipped according to xitek posts and their findings say that the manual focus ring is hard to use:
----------------------
G45 simple test:
- focus speed: 2 seconds (sometimes a little more)
- Focus loud, dry voice (my lens? Went back to get 28 and 90 to try)
- Manual focus pulsator is actually relatively tasteless

Something really good things this official product, packaging is also refined and many, like this one! ! ! !
----------------------
G28 simple test, cloudy afternoon in Guangzhou, poor light:
- 2.8 aperture focusing speed is relatively slow (not calculated), focusing loud;
- 4 aperture can not be 100% focus, more than 8 unable to focus, arts phone beam, confirmation light (cloudy in Guangzhou), small aperture unable to focus in low-light conditions, but fortunately, the manual focus wheel;
- manual focus wheel is available, but the wheel is too small, large fingers to maneuver;
- no manual, not easy to succeed when the lens is first installed, Fortunately, the clerk guidance, try more than a few job; Arts Taobao on the installation method introduced.

NEX6 + G28 test, ring workmanship is very good, beautifully packaged, very satisfied, thanks to the large beam.

Apr 23, 2013 at 02:07 AM
inglis
• •
p.6 #12 · contax-e-mount af adapter

The following comments suggest more delays and my tracking number brings up nothing which suggests that it has not been sent yet. The following post from Mxcamera, also suggests that the second batch will differ from the first.
linke to the thread in google translate

mxcamera
Mainly of the mount structure too review, and a widget produced the after hair have a small problem, in need of urgent adjustment, so delays.
QC is really done very very strict, especially since the metal part of the processing, correction is not simple.
The next batch of the beam is going to modify the first batch (The booking) is almost all metal parts,
The next batch will be adding more plastic parts (because the model was a piece of good quality and installation of the workers is relatively easy)
So I bought the first batch of people, I congratulate you, your batch has been limited version, almost no longer!

Apr 25, 2013 at 04:18 PM
inglis
• •
p.6 #13 · contax-e-mount af adapter

First batch shipped according to post from company in thread linked above,

kpliang
Senior kimchi
The Foaming points: 35.613
Subjects: 13
Register: March 2006
In addition, taking into account the mount processing and the difficulty of installation and efficiency, is considering another version, to increase the proportion of plastic parts, this version will continue to produce, but scheduling will be reduced, prices are likely to be adjusted.
The first shipment has been issued after the stock being issued every day, thank you for your support and patience, because these mount processing and installation has great difficulties, the daily output will not be much, so the back beat friends have to wait some days.

Apr 28, 2013 at 05:43 PM
serhan_
• •
p.6 #14 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Finally, they start shipping! I was reading the positive reviews, the most hyped post is from mxcamera:

Hello! Yesterday we received the final version of the AF ring is perfect!
We have tried 28, 35, 90 (forgot to test 45, 21 or not take ...) are functioning very well!
Focusing speed is faster than the test version by about 30%, especially 28 were particularly evident, originally used in the test version of the time is really very disappointed, but the current version, really fast, accurate!
(28 to see the will to close it! AF ring can really leads her attractive, compact, and sharp!)

Support peak manual focus dial is also very easy to use, very little damping, it
...Show more

Edited on Apr 30, 2013 at 06:08 PM · View previous versions

Apr 30, 2013 at 06:02 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.6 #15 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Funny I just emailed them pointing out the fact that the tracking number they sent me back on the 19th was still not active (they said they were shipping on the 20th). At this point I just hope I get it before my vacation in late May :P

Apr 30, 2013 at 06:04 PM
serhan_
• •
p.6 #16 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I was also checking last weekend and couldn't find anything. Their website says 7-14 days for shipping duration, not like SB shipment which I received in 2 days...

Apr 30, 2013 at 06:11 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.6 #17 · contax-e-mount af adapter

7-14 days transit time after they ship? Wow... at this rate we'll be lucky if we get these before 2014 :P

Apr 30, 2013 at 06:35 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.6 #18 · contax-e-mount af adapter

They replied to my e-mail by saying that they haven't yet sent it, so I guess that I won't be using it in my forthcoming trip.

Apr 30, 2013 at 08:12 PM
daleaherman
• •
p.6 #19 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Any idea what the holdup is ? Strange that they sent tracking two weeks before shipping ?

May 01, 2013 at 02:48 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.6 #20 · contax-e-mount af adapter

The reply the sent me says:

Because of small problem occur and it will make the adapter not work properly.
So we return to them. They promise us they can fix it within 3-4 days.

It doesn't help much in identifying the problem, but it seems that they discovered a significant problem (that would make the adapter non-functional) on the last minute. Annoying, but it would be much worse to have a product recall, I suppose…

May 01, 2013 at 07:03 PM
       7       8       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

7       8       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password