Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Tuning...+ Crop added

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tuning...+ Crop added

This farmer's market performer has visited before...curious about your thoughts on this particular rendition...

Thanks for looking,

Bob

Edited on Dec 29, 2012 at 03:07 AM · View previous versions

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tuning...+ Crop added

I like the moment that was captured, not seeing the eyes keeps it a little mysterious about who he is. I like the toning, I think it fits the image well. I might have been tempted to shoot tighter, focus more on what he is doing, leave out the clutter that is behind his chair, and the dark band on the left side, isolate him against that white tent.

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tuning...+ Crop added

This is an image that is hard for me to judge. It seems well done and in a monotone that is not B&W and I hardly know what to say for B&W.

The one thing that seems odd is an instrument like this with an amp. Seems incongruous. But perhaps it is part of the charm.

Dec 28, 2012 at 02:18 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tuning...+ Crop added

I think with the right crop, that cord running to the amp could be easily cloned out...I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out Ben...good eye.

Dec 28, 2012 at 02:20 PM
itchhhh

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tuning...+ Crop added

An interesting composition, nicely composed and exposed. My suggestion is mearly a different way of looking at it not necessarly better.

I would have gone for much tighter crop from the waist up to his hat. There is a lot of interest in his right hand on the instrument. I also like the fact that we can't see his eye's.

My only other thought is that perhaps the contrast is a "touch" too much.....

Dec 28, 2012 at 02:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tuning...+ Crop added

Travis Rhoads wrote:
I like the moment that was captured, not seeing the eyes keeps it a little mysterious about who he is. I like the toning, I think it fits the image well. I might have been tempted to shoot tighter, focus more on what he is doing, leave out the clutter that is behind his chair, and the dark band on the left side, isolate him against that white tent.

Travis,

Thanks for your thoughts - there is room to tighten up as you suggest.

Other images of this performer were posted some time ago (image captured July 2009) but from his right side. Back-story: he staked out a 3 foot wide strip between the tent at left and another vendor to right. Other perspective looks straight into the vendor's tent, displays, and rear of his SUV.

regards,

Bob

Dec 29, 2012 at 02:48 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tuning...+ Crop added

ben egbert wrote:
This is an image that is hard for me to judge. It seems well done and in a monotone that is not B&W and I hardly know what to say for B&W.

The one thing that seems odd is an instrument like this with an amp. Seems incongruous. But perhaps it is part of the charm.

Thanks Ben & good eye - yes, he is plugged in, a curiosity to me and why I remained true to the authenticity of his performance.

Regards,

Bob

Dec 29, 2012 at 02:51 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Tuning...+ Crop added

itchhhh wrote:
An interesting composition, nicely composed and exposed. My suggestion is mearly a different way of looking at it not necessarly better.

I would have gone for much tighter crop from the waist up to his hat. There is a lot of interest in his right hand on the instrument. I also like the fact that we can't see his eye's.

My only other thought is that perhaps the contrast is a "touch" too much.....

itchhhh,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - I am always open to new ways of seeing things.

Interesting both you and Travis find not seeing his eyes an advantage to the image - "need to see the eyes" is one of the criticisms commonly run up the flag pole around here and I sort of expected it to appear at some point.

Regards,

Bob

Added tighter crop - plus osme grain for grit - might be overdone there :

Dec 29, 2012 at 02:56 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Tuning...+ Crop added

A curious interpretation. The processing is very different and I am not sure what I think about it, but it creates a reaction leading to more viewing. The toning is appealing. I agree about the cords.
I dont think the eyes are necessary. It depends what the message is.

Scott

Dec 29, 2012 at 03:08 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password