Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · D-lite RX 4 release date?

DigMeTX
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · D-lite RX 4 release date?

Anyone heard when the RX version of the d-lite 4 wil be released?

Also, I have heard a couple of people say they prefer the old version d-lites over Alien Bees for a low-cost lighting solution. What say you? I've heard some say go with AB because of customer service but then I've seen someone else respond to that by reporting a stellar CS experience with Elinchrom stuff. Anyway - not including CS - just function.

Brad

Dec 27, 2012 at 02:27 AM
PeterBerressem
• • •
p.1 #2 · D-lite RX 4 release date?

Notwithstanding the fact that someone has reported a stellar Elin CS experience I bet that no mfg trumps PCBuff's customer handling inside the continental US. Be it in quick return or personal approach.
Second, if a short flash duration is important to you, you better look at both's specs again. E.g. AB800 1/3300 to D-lite 400 1/800. Both t.5 at full power, what may achieve 1/300 at the lower end of output for the D-lite. Shooting children will be challenging already...

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #3 · D-lite RX 4 release date?

Thanks for the info.

brad

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM
tetrode
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · D-lite RX 4 release date?

DigMeTX wrote:
Brad

At the PhotoPlus Expo here in New York this past October, an Elinchrom rep said the D-Lite RX 4 would be released in January, 2013. Still, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Dec 30, 2012 at 04:20 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

James10013
• •
p.1 #5 · D-lite RX 4 release date?

They are out and available as are the new 500 bx kits.

Jan 26, 2013 at 01:02 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · D-lite RX 4 release date?

DigMeTX wrote:

B&H says "February 13" for individual RX 4 units and "January 31" for some of the kits. I'm pre-ordering two RX One lights ("Availablility February 5") next payday.

Finally! Remote power control was the one missing feature holding me back from getting the D-Lite it. Now that there's a D-Lite that has it, I'm going for it. With my small shooting space I don't need an RX 4 or even an RX 2. The RX One has 6 - 100 Ws, remote control, proportional modeling light...all I need, really. And less than $230. Woohoo!

Jan 28, 2013 at 01:49 AM
corposant
• • • •
p.1 #7 · D-lite RX 4 release date?

BrianO wrote:
B&H says "February 13" for individual RX 4 units and "January 31" for some of the kits. I'm pre-ordering two RX One lights ("Availablility February 5") next payday.

Finally! Remote power control was the one missing feature holding me back from getting the D-Lite it. Now that there's a D-Lite that has it, I'm going for it. With my small shooting space I don't need an RX 4 or even an RX 2. The RX One has 6 - 100 Ws, remote control, proportional modeling light...all I need, really. And less than $230. Woohoo!

Brian - I think you will enjoy Elinchrom!

Jan 28, 2013 at 02:09 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password