Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2012 · 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

mttran
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

jctriguy wrote:
...Not sure what that photo is supposed to be contributing?

Yes, i want to show how noisy from most canon shadows. Here is 100% -100ISO crop in one areas

Dec 30, 2012 at 08:02 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.4 #2 · 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

Ralph Conway wrote:
In my opinion the bokeh looks horrible

I think he was attempting sarcasm...

Dec 30, 2012 at 08:41 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.4 #3 · 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

Ralph Conway wrote:
In my opinion the bokeh looks horrible

Ralph , must not forget the light angle & subject distance, they don't always look the same and bokeh is nothing to do with this thread. I throw them out so anyone can see 5d2 ( or any older FF) is able to cover most their needs. Older IQ is no less than the latest release 5d3/6d model while using the slowest to fastest lenses. Some wants the best available without hurting their wallet and this is the main point of this thread.

checking this thread if you still hungry for more data: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1177014

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM
hugodrax
• • •
p.4 #4 · 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

Whats the point of this post/entire thread?

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.4 #5 · 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

hugodrax wrote:
Whats the point of this post/entire thread?

Beside some honeymooner post, more neutral discussion of old/new ff canon market value vs features vs IQ to help new user to have more REALISTIC data to get whatever he/she really needs.

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.4 #6 · 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

mttran wrote:
Ralph , must not forget the light angle & subject distance, they don't always look the same and bokeh is nothing to do with this thread. I throw them out so anyone can see 5d2 ( or any older FF) is able to cover most their needs. Older IQ is no less than the latest release 5d3/6d model while using the slowest to fastest lenses. Some wants the best available without hurting their wallet and this is the main point of this thread.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8044/8144012430_c93cab0f5a_h.jpg

checking this thread if you still hungry for more data: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1177014

Yes of course, mttran. My comment was just a spontan answer to sailingpilots comment to your specific picture. Thank you for the link. I am already following the thread. I am always hungry for more data. :-)

Dec 31, 2012 at 08:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.4 #7 · 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

CR admitts that in 2012 Canon was still the leader in DSLR sales:

http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/12/canon-sells-more-dslrs-than-anyone/

Cutting of the low end segments, Canon was even more successfull.
Different from CR I imagine that 5D II added a huge part to this success. As far I could follow (e. g. Amazon) the 5D II was still sold very successfull during the whole year.

Dec 31, 2012 at 08:39 AM
David Baldwin
• • • •
p.4 #8 · 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

Here's a nice tribute to the 5D2:

http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/09/the-5d-mark-ii-happy-4th-birthday/

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM
sgtbueno
• •
p.4 #9 · 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

Maybe I got lucky and got 2 good cameras but I dont have any issues with my AF on my 5d2, I see so many people complaining about that issue but it is not an issue here. I was shooting last saturday and I got 100% keepers with the 135L and Sigma 35, never noticed the camera hunting or anything crazy or maybe I am not as demanding as must shooters.

I cant see myself upgrading anytime soon, I think I will upgrade on the next gen, dont see the need to do it now.

Jan 01, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #10 · 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

sgtbueno wrote:
Maybe I got lucky and got 2 good cameras but I dont have any issues with my AF on my 5d2, I see so many people complaining about that issue but it is not an issue here. I was shooting last saturday and I got 100% keepers with the 135L and Sigma 35, never noticed the camera hunting or anything crazy or maybe I am not as demanding as must shooters.

I cant see myself upgrading anytime soon, I think I will upgrade on the next gen, dont see the need to do it now.

The issues were mainly with i) servo mode ii) off centre AF points especially in lower light. The AF with the central point was mostly very good.

Jan 01, 2013 at 10:19 PM
sgtbueno
• •
p.4 #11 · 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

And that's what I use, central point, so it is all good to me, 5D2 for a long time.

Jan 02, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password