Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              11      
       13              53       54       end

The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

Ralph Conway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #1 · p.12 #1 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

Yes, cool.

Feb 06, 2013 at 08:36 PM
danb121
• •
p.12 #2 · p.12 #2 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

Diagonals

Sigma 12-24mm MKII, f/8, ISO400

Edited on Feb 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM · View previous versions

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:13 PM
danb121
• •
p.12 #3 · p.12 #3 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

Canon 17-40, f/16, ISO100

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.12 #4 · p.12 #4 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

When I see all those great samples here I really can not understand, why the first official canon samples all looked so weak ...

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM
danb121
• •
p.12 #5 · p.12 #5 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

When are you getting yours Ralph

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.12 #6 · p.12 #6 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

As soon as the money comes in.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #7 · p.12 #7 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

A nice collection of shots, however, most of them do not say much about the 6D AF capability, or lack of it. I'd like to see some sports, car racing, dogs running and bird flying shots.

Feb 11, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.12 #8 · p.12 #8 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

This is not a "6Ds AF system works it all best" thread, Peter. Car racing should be possible, imo. It already was with 5D II. If different fast sports, running dogs and bif shots would be ones photographic fullfillment he/she would go 5D III or 1D X, I guess.

Feb 11, 2013 at 01:50 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.12 #9 · p.12 #9 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

Ralph Conway wrote:
This is not a "6Ds AF system works it all best" thread, Peter. Car racing should be possible, imo. It already was with 5D II. If different fast sports, running dogs and bif shots would be ones photographic fullfillment he/she would go 5D III or 1D X, I guess.

Ralph.....this doesn't appear to be a " Shoot only stationary targets with 6D" thread either, is it ?
Instead, I see it as a "shoot anything" thread.

Now, how does one know if 6D is good or bad for action tracking, unless one tries to shoot action ? I wouldn't say that I'd expect 6D to be lousy or great at capturing action. I am saying let us hear from someone who has also tried to photograph action with it.......then that becomes a meaningful experience feedback based on real photography, as opposed to some forumography banter.

Feb 11, 2013 at 02:06 PM
neil_johnson

p.12 #10 · p.12 #10 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

I'd love to see some action shots with it. We know it won't have the capabilities of say a 5DIII and won't be used for professional sports but it would be nice to get a look at just how well it handles some motion.

I'd be interested in seeing it track moving vehicles, children, animals and some amateur sports as examples.

Feb 11, 2013 at 02:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.12 #11 · p.12 #11 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

I will show you some action shots as soon I get the camera.

Feb 11, 2013 at 02:53 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.12 #12 · p.12 #12 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

When the money comes .

Ralph Conway wrote:

Feb 11, 2013 at 02:54 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.12 #13 · p.12 #13 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

Ralph Conway wrote:

Ralph, until then, can't you borrow the camera from CPS or your camera store for a couple of days ?

Feb 11, 2013 at 02:59 PM
e.aland
• •
p.12 #14 · p.12 #14 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

I am trying out the 6D for events, last weekend at a carnival shooting. My 1D3/4 and (I suppose 1Dx/ 5D3) are simply faster and granting more security to get good results in a timecritical and dynamically moving environment. for such shootings the 6D is a slow type IMO, while itís IQ is very good. No problem for portrait shooting in crowds, even people are moving. No problem to shoot BIF. but you just get SOME (very nice) pics while my good old 1D's would have generated much more output. I really like the 6D as landscape, walkaround and alltime camera, but for moving stuff (including action), the AF responsiveness is not convincing me. But thatís no problem.

Feb 11, 2013 at 02:59 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.12 #15 · p.12 #15 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

Thanx Eland, so some action tracking feedback is available, after all.

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:02 PM
danb121
• •
p.12 #16 · p.12 #16 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

e.aland wrote:
I am trying out the 6D for events, last weekend at a carnival shooting. My 1D3/4 and (I suppose 1Dx/ 5D3) are simply faster and granting more security to get good results in a timecritical and dynamically moving environment. for such shootings the 6D is a slow type IMO, while itís IQ is very good. No problem for portrait shooting in crowds, even people are moving. No problem to shoot BIF. but you just get SOME (very nice) pics while my good old 1D's would have generated much more output. I really like the 6D as landscape, walkaround and alltime
...Show more

I take it that same could be said about the 5D2... I've never shot with one so I don't know; but I'd assume that you're buying tools for a specific trade?
The 6D is an entry level FF camera, if it had the 7D AF system it would be fighting it out with the 5D3 which Canon don't want... for my purposes the 6D is perfect but I understand that not everyone feels like this

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:06 PM
e.aland
• •
p.12 #17 · p.12 #17 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

PetKal wrote:
Thanx Eland, so some action tracking feedback is available, after all.

can i be honest ? i never tried the 6D servo mode for events or BIF. in most of the cases the camera's AF is responding quite accurately and overall i am getting nicely exposed tack sharp results. The 6D surprises me.
but --- I successfully "tracked" BIF in single shot center AF mode with the little 200L mounted. thats such a sweet light 200mm-combo !
seems i have to go out next and servo-drive that combo...

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:37 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.12 #18 · p.12 #18 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

Eland, I guess I never tried (on purpose, that is) shooting BIF in "One shot AF" mode, so you are way ahead of me there.

However, I think Servo AF mode should work better on BIF, with preselected center AF point only.

If you'd like to challenge the camera and see how much difference that (-3 EV) AF sensor makes, these are a few ways of doing it:

(1) Low light level on the target.
(2) Low contrast target
(3) Target small in VF
(4) Target moves towards the camera, straight or oblique.
(5) Target is fast
(6) Mottled high contrast background, not very distant

Feb 11, 2013 at 04:01 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.12 #19 · p.12 #19 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

I see lot of 6D awesome shots here. More please

Feb 11, 2013 at 04:22 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.12 #20 · p.12 #20 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread

PetKal wrote:
Ralph, until then, can't you borrow the camera from CPS or your camera store for a couple of days ?

I do not own the gear for qualifying for CPS.
My dealer would give it to me for a couple of hours I guess. But I am pretty sure I would like and love to keep it, I guess. Before I would cry if I have to bring it back or do some else silly things I prefere to wait till I can afford it. I purchased to many things I could not afford in my former life ;-)

Feb 11, 2013 at 04:54 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password