FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Upgrade/add second body

AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Upgrade/add second body

Jeffrey Myers wrote:
In your opinions, do you think it would be a great advantage to kick in an extra $1000 and pick up a 5d3? ...

Ernie Aubert wrote:
Hah! If you're wanting a consensus, good luck! Some will contend yes, others will insist no. And, each person's opinion will reflect how significant $1000 is to himself or herself. Some, including myself, elected to upgrade from a 5D II to a 5D III; others elected not to.

+1 Same here, I also upgraded to the Mk III and to me, it was well worth it.

Jan 02, 2013 at 12:13 PM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Upgrade/add second body

To stay within the given budget, move to full frame with either 5D II or 6D. Wait a few more months, and the 5D III will come closer in reach since its price will continue to drop.

Jan 02, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Jeffrey Myers
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Upgrade/add second body

Ernie Aubert wrote:
Hah! If you're wanting a consensus, good luck! Some will contend yes, others will insist no. And, each person's opinion will reflect how significant $1000 is to himself or herself. Some, including myself, elected to upgrade from a 5D II to a 5D III; others elected not to.

Ernie- point well taken!! lol.. thanks.. looks like i'm going to bite the bullet and grab a 5d3 in the near future

Jan 03, 2013 at 07:47 AM
godfather
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Upgrade/add second body

IMO you might be better off selling your 50d and putting that towards your new camera purchase. Backup bodies are overrated for non professional shooters. If you pick up a nice 5dII or III you will not want to use the 50d again... I would much rather take the 20 seconds to change lenses (for my non professional uses) vs using a less desirable for half of my shots.

Keep in mind bodies depreciate very quickly...only own what you normally use on a regular basis. If you need a cheap backup buy a rebel xt or xti for $75 and drop it in your bag. In fact I think my 5d depreciated another $10 during the time I used to write this response

Jan 03, 2013 at 10:19 AM
jrscls
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Upgrade/add second body

The 5D II would be a good choice with the OP's listed glass.

Jan 03, 2013 at 06:37 PM
Jeffrey Myers
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Upgrade/add second body

godfather wrote:
IMO you might be better off selling your 50d and putting that towards your new camera purchase. Backup bodies are overrated for non professional shooters. If you pick up a nice 5dII or III you will not want to use the 50d again... I would much rather take the 20 seconds to change lenses (for my non professional uses) vs using a less desirable for half of my shots.

Keep in mind bodies depreciate very quickly...only own what you normally use on a regular basis. If you need a cheap backup buy a rebel xt or xti for $75 and drop
...Show more

Crop body for a 200mm lens making it 320mm is my reason for keeping the 50D. or adding a 1.4x extender making it a 448mm. Is my reasoning off? from your experience do you go back to it for the reach or should I just buy more glass later or use a 2x.

Thanks
Jeff

Jan 04, 2013 at 01:48 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Upgrade/add second body

Jeffrey Myers wrote:

nice upgrade from the 50D

Jan 05, 2013 at 07:29 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.