Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · NEC and Dell dual Monitor question.

cogard
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · NEC and Dell dual Monitor question.

I just got a NEC PA241W-BK-SV monitor and own a Dell 2407WFP so I'm trying to run dual monitors on my Mac Pro...for the life of me I cant get them to look close to each other...I guess my question is should they?

I'm calibrating the NEC with the Spectra View II software and using ColorMunki on the Dell. I edit pictures on the NEC so I'm sure those pictures are the ones that are correct but when I pull them onto the dell monitor they are way off. I just got the NEC so I have not received any prints back from Bay yet to make sure the prints look okay but I have printed a few on my 3800 and they look great.

Just wondering if it is a big deal and thank you in advance.

Charlie O

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Ho1972
• • •
p.1 #2 · NEC and Dell dual Monitor question.

I use an NEC P221-W and a Dell 2005FPW. The NEC is calibrated with SV, the Dell uses an old profile generated by Spydervision which I imported from my XP system. Given that I use the Dell primarily for Photoshop palettes and the LR editing screen (LR full screen display goes on the NEC), the two are color balanced plenty close enough (see below). The neutrals are spot on, the Dell's colors have a bit more red than the NEC (although converting to sRGB for this thread changed things just a bit).

It would seem you have an issue, but whether it's hardware or software I'm not smart enough to know. I don't know jack about Macs, but I assume you have the correct profile assignments for your monitors at the OS level?

Here's the image I used for my screen capture:

Color Checker

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:57 AM
cogard
• • • •
p.1 #3 · NEC and Dell dual Monitor question.

Mine are not even near that close...my Dell is about 4-5 years old so maybe it is done

Charlie O.

Dec 23, 2012 at 05:31 PM
Ho1972
• • •
p.1 #4 · NEC and Dell dual Monitor question.

cogard wrote:
Mine are not even near that close...my Dell is about 4-5 years old so maybe it is done

Charlie O.

Don't give up, your Dell is at least one or two years newer than mine and mine has seen plenty of use. Maybe someone who understands color management on Macs can step up...

Dec 23, 2012 at 07:03 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password