Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · When/how to call off job?

Mr645
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · When/how to call off job?

Find a replacement. You and the replacement should both show up. Bailing is not an option. Next, join up with your local photography guilds and meet other photographers. We're a really friendly group and can be very helpful. Here in Miami, I remember one photographer's mother passed away unexpectedly and he had a wedding the day before her funeral. Once word got out, he ended up with two top photographers covering his budget wedding. The bride was happy and she got a pair of high end photogs with assistance for the price of a low end shooter. The two asked for nothing as far as payment.

Dec 20, 2012 at 07:50 PM
DmitriM
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · When/how to call off job?

ricardovaste wrote:
Hi Scott. Since I've always worked alone I have no second to call upon. My contract states that I'll search for a replacement & return all fees minus expenses. I think telling her I might be out & haven't yet sourced a replacement might be bad. Hence stuck in grey area.

Why would you charge your client expenses if you are pretty much cancelling the job?

Dec 20, 2012 at 08:15 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · When/how to call off job?

If it was near enough and as a last resort I'd even consider trying to help you out too. I'm sure you'll find a full time pro, such as Chris B, who can help but the offers there. Might not be your standards of course but my work would be better than no work.

Hope you get well soon. I'm sure you'll be fine in time for the wedding.

Dec 20, 2012 at 08:48 PM
Marici Photo
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · When/how to call off job?

I understand your concern but I think you'll be fine.

You have several days to get back to normal. The last wedding I shot both my 2nd and I were sick until friday and shooting on Saturday for 14 hours. We took turns to 'sit down' ( fever,cough symptoms) when needed. You would be surprised the energy you get from being in the moment. Would I be able to do it without my second? Maybe...but it def helps having the 2nd.

Carry Gatorade + advil + halls + water and you'll be fine. It's all in your mind. Think positively bud.

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · When/how to call off job?

Not just photographers, but a bunch of doctors up in here!

Dec 21, 2012 at 01:35 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · When/how to call off job?

Thank you all. I secured a photographer shortly after posting here first.

I know I have a week still, I'm hopeful, but right now I know I can't function properly. I either wasn't tto give everything or hand it to someone else.

Dec 21, 2012 at 03:30 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · When/how to call off job?

Tony Hoffer wrote:
This is awesome.

Only just saw this Chris, you're very kind.

Dec 21, 2012 at 03:35 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · When/how to call off job?

If all else fails ill give Beaumont a hand if only to annoy him.

Dec 21, 2012 at 05:08 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · When/how to call off job?

Saying that though you will be buying the first round at next years Christmas party

Dec 21, 2012 at 05:10 PM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · When/how to call off job?

Don't say that, he'll be pretending to be ill just so we can get the "dream team" back together again.

Dec 21, 2012 at 05:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ai3x
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · When/how to call off job?

Chris Beaumont wrote:
Don't say that, he'll be pretending to be ill just so we can get the "dream team" back together again.

I'm assuming you mean "dream team" in the loosest possible sense?

Dec 21, 2012 at 08:40 PM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · When/how to call off job?

Well I know you can't hope to compete with my awesome, but you're not bad on your good days.

Dec 21, 2012 at 09:05 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · When/how to call off job?

Thanks again for the timely advise all, especially Chris's offer, which was most generous. It helped rest my mind, and surely aided recovery. I know some may dismiss it as "Oh, he had a bit of a cold", but I really couldn't function for 7 days. It was bad. Thankfully after 7 days I was improving, and by the time of the rehearsal it was just a bad cough which of course doesn't really effect shooting - my head was clear so all was good to go.

And it went pretty well. We had good time for everything, never felt rushed, everyone was relaxed. It felt like a long day, so I'm grateful there weren't any serious hiccups!

So, the only thing I had to call off was an album meeting. As they're out the country now, not sure when I'll get to do that again... BUT it is something that can be re-arranged, rather than a wedding, so not all bad.

My new years resolution is to consume more Vitamin C

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · When/how to call off job?

Hello... just me again. I thought I'd do a little follow up post with some photos. I hope you enjoy some...

Feb 06, 2013 at 04:15 PM
Prettym1k3
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · When/how to call off job?

Nice work! Clearly the flu recovery didn't have nothin' on your skills.

Feb 06, 2013 at 06:59 PM
NYstyles
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · When/how to call off job?

I shot one with the flu, I took meds and did my thing. It was rough but all went well. I was a sweatin' fool! lol

Unless im on my way to the grave I'll be there! What I might do is pick up some extra shooters to back me because Im not my full self.

Feb 06, 2013 at 07:09 PM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · When/how to call off job?

Isnt that the wedding on the news where everyone died the next day from Swine Flu?

Feb 09, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Dave_EP
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · When/how to call off job?

Great set. Absolutely love #1 and the shadow on the ceiling kinda nailed it!

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:07 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · When/how to call off job?

morganb4 wrote:
Isnt that the wedding on the news where everyone died the next day from Swine Flu?

damn you . I had a very nice thank you email off them after I delivered the images, so I can confirm they're still alive...

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · When/how to call off job?

:-) Couldn't resist. Lovely set, you did well.

Feb 12, 2013 at 01:11 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password