Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Flash Bracket???

BigIronCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Flash Bracket???

The PromediaGear Boomerang is the only bracket I kept after trying and returning most of the high-dollar models. I use a MiniTT1 on the camera, and a FlexTT5/Speedlight on top of the bracket. It's a tradeoff between extra weight and those cumbersome cables. The TT1 (or your favorite OCF trigger) also provides the means to fire and control other OCF's.

One of the advantages with this type of bracket, especially when bouncing, is that the flashhead stays pointed at the same spot when switching between horizontal and vertical orientations. The Boomerang can be removed from their L-Bracket (no tools required) in about 15 seconds when it's not needed.

Dec 17, 2012 at 05:13 PM
FullHousePhoto

Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Flash Bracket???

I use one for weddings, but only for the ceremony... mainly because I use the flash on-camera, and it's the best way to keep the flash in one spot. I do bounce, rather than use direct flash, but the bracket keeps the flash in a constant position, regardless of my camera's position... it makes the whole bounce "thing" much faster and easier to adjust. I use a CB bracket, BTW. For everything else, I use off-camera flash...

Dec 19, 2012 at 05:53 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Flash Bracket???

I think I speak for about 90% of the people who have bought one... I used one once back around 2004... It's been on the shelf collecting dust ever since.

/end thread

Dec 19, 2012 at 07:28 AM
swoop
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Flash Bracket???

I've only ever seen really old school wedding and event photographers use flash brackets. Brackets will give you a technically good image. And that's fine, but the choice to use one or not really comes down to visual style. And I think the modern aesthetic is to go without.

Dec 20, 2012 at 07:12 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mr645
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Flash Bracket???

I use a bracket anytime I use a flash mounted on the camera.

Dec 20, 2012 at 07:07 PM
alritter

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Flash Bracket???

many of you say that you do not use a bracket?
are you using any type of diffuser on your flash?

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM
cbradio09
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Flash Bracket???

I still have my hulking Custom Bracket flash bracket, sometimes its nice to keep the flash on the body, I have been doing more OCF as of late however and that usually is enough to keep the bracket strapped to my bag.

Dec 31, 2012 at 02:53 PM
whtrbt7
• •
Account locked
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Flash Bracket???

I used to use a bracket more but recently since my new triggers support on-camera flash, I just leave the bracket at home. One bracket I really like for portrait/landscape is the CAM engineering one but less gear now = more flexibility so when in doubt just ask someone to hold your receiver flash or bring a light stand around with you.

Jan 02, 2013 at 12:25 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password