Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6       7       end

Archive 2012 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

naturephoto1
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

A last photo is of the X-E1 mounted to the RRS L bracket and grip along with the Novoflex R adapter and the Novoflex rotating collar with my Leica R 80-200mm f4 Vario Elmar lens all mounted onto my tripod.

Rich

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:28 PM
Kit Laughlin
• • • •
p.5 #2 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

A lovely collection of glass, Richard. I assume you use most of these lenses off a tripod (the larger/heavier one)?

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:27 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.5 #3 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

Kit Laughlin wrote:
A lovely collection of glass, Richard. I assume you use most of these lenses off a tripod (the larger/heavier one)?

Kit,

Thank you. This is only a small portion of my Leica R lenses. I have 16 lenses all told. As to usage, it all depends on what I am doing. I do a lot of work on a tripod due to the nature of what I photograph including consistency for composition and bracketing. For the shorter focal length lenses in the 21mm to the 60mm or so, I do a lot of hand holding of the lenses. But again, it depends on what I am doing and shooting. If you look at my Facebook photo page and can access it below, you will see why; I do a lot of landscape and nature work and have come from shooting large format down to 35mm:

http://www.facebook.com/RichardANelridgePhotographer

Also, if you are wondering about the largest lens in the image on the previous page, it is my Leica 280mm f4 Apo Telyt. My even larger Leica 280mm f2.8 Apo Telyt and Leica 560mm f5.6 Telyt lens which are not in the photo and are also used for wildlife and landscape work are always supported either grip (almost never), monopod, or usually tripod.

Rich

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Kit Laughlin
• • • •
p.5 #4 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

Richard wrote:

Leica 280mm f4 Apo Telyt

I had one of these, back in the day (you may recall the Leica-DMR 10,000+ posts thread!). Excellent lens. I will have a look at your Facebook page later today, too (have to shoot some video now). Cheers, KL

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.5 #5 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

Kit Laughlin wrote:
Richard wrote:

I had one of these, back in the day (you may recall the Leica-DMR 10,000+ posts thread!). Excellent lens. I will have a look at your Facebook page later today, too (have to shoot some video now). Cheers, KL

Kit,

Thank you. Never had the DMR. When I was considering it they had been discontinued and parts were becoming an issue. Good luck with the video.

Rich

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM
buggz2k
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #6 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

What are some good web sites for Fuji information, etc.?
I know of the Fuji Rumors site, and just purchased his handbook, as I have a new X-E1 on the way.
I purchased a kit, silver body and XF35/1.4.
I specifically wanted this for the X-Trans sensor.
I'm excited!

Feb 27, 2013 at 03:48 PM
Joseph Marney
• • •
p.5 #7 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

Rich - will you be trying the Metabones Speedbooster with that lovely R glass?

Feb 27, 2013 at 03:55 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.5 #8 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

Joseph Marney wrote:
Rich - will you be trying the Metabones Speedbooster with that lovely R glass?

Joseph,

At this point I have no plans to purchase or use the Metabones Speedbooster with my R lenses and the X-E1 camera. I view this tool as most appropriate for usage with wide angle lenses since the 1.5X crop factor of the APS-C sensors make all of your lenses the equivalent to longer focal lengths. Looking at what I saw posted on the Leica users group, the longer lens did not fair as well as the shorter lenses as well (around the corners in particular). That in particular for lenses like the 280mm f4 Apo Telyt and the 180mm f3.4 Apo Telyt lenses.

I know that many of my widest angle lenses such as the 21mm f4 Super Angulon and the 24mm f2.8 Elmarit lenes have rear portions of the lenses that will probably be of issue with damaging the glass elements of the Speedbooster.

Rather than going the route of the Speedbooster, I anticipate adding the Fujifilm XF14mm f2.8 lens to my system within the next few months. I may also later add the 18mm f4 M Zeiss Distagon lens to the mix.

Rich

Feb 27, 2013 at 04:12 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.5 #9 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

Seems like an X-E1 and XF35/1.4 would fit into a:

Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home Shoulder Bag for Compact Digital SLR Camera, Brown - with FREE Crumpler Industry Disgrace Strap

<< ;http://www.adorama.com/CL5MDHBR.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=cj_552179>>;

As it shows some kind of Canon DSLR, I would think yes?

Feb 27, 2013 at 07:22 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.5 #10 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

Shrug, since I'm going crazy, ordered.

buggz2k wrote:
Seems like an X-E1 and XF35/1.4 would fit into a:

Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home Shoulder Bag for Compact Digital SLR Camera, Brown - with FREE Crumpler Industry Disgrace Strap

<< ;http://www.adorama.com/CL5MDHBR.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=cj_552179>>;

As it shows some kind of Canon DSLR, I would think yes?

Feb 27, 2013 at 07:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jman13
• • • • • •
p.5 #11 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

It'll be dwarfed by that bag. I'm using a Lowepro Rezo 110 AW with my X-E1. Fits the X-E1 with either the 18-55 or 35/1.4 mounted, and the other lens in the adjacent section. Couldn't believe that the X-E1 with 18-55 fit, and it does push the bag out slightly, but it easily goes in and out. It's a TINY bag. I would also be able to fit a third smallish lens on top of the other lens (using a wrap or the integrated cleaning cloth as a divider)

Feb 27, 2013 at 08:17 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.5 #12 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

Oh well... Bag was ordered. Can't have too many bags, eh? *8^)

- another question for X-E1 owners:
What is the SD card of choice?
Since a lot of my stuff was stolen last year, I don't have a single SD card.

Thinking of this one:
<< ;http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-16GB-Extreme-Pro-Performance/dp/B004KZM5NQ/ref=sr_1_23?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361996682&sr=1-23&keywords=sandisk+extreme+pro+95+mb%2Fs>>;

On another forum I am reading:
"45 MB/sec as "sweet spot" for SD cards in X-E1 "

Feb 27, 2013 at 08:31 PM
Joseph Marney
• • •
p.5 #13 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

I use a 95 MB/sec Sandisk Extreme Pro card, and have no complaints - that is to say, I've never noticed write speed slowing me down.

Feb 27, 2013 at 09:12 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.5 #14 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

Seems a bit overkill, since these cards are aimed at pro DSLRs. I am sure a normal Extreme is just fine.

Feb 27, 2013 at 09:22 PM
Joseph Marney
• • •
p.5 #15 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

carstenw wrote:
Seems a bit overkill, since these cards are aimed at pro DSLRs. I am sure a normal Extreme is just fine.

Probably so. When I ordered cards last the 45MB/s and 95MB/s were the same price on Amazon...so I figured "why not?".

If I recall correctly, the X100 benefited from having a 45MB/s card versus anything slower, so I definitely wouldn't go slower than that.

Feb 27, 2013 at 09:37 PM
bigkidneys
• • •
p.5 #16 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

I used both a 45mb/s and 95mb/s for both my X100 and XE1 and can say write time is much faster with the 95. Anything slower than 45 is horrible on both cameras. I would also re-format the card after downloading the pictures as I heard somewhere that increased write speed as well. On the XE1 I used the film bracketing function and the 95 increased the write time considerably.

Feb 27, 2013 at 09:42 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.5 #17 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

The button was pushed, ordered...

Feb 27, 2013 at 09:54 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.5 #18 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

Do the cheap Wasabi batteries work well?
I have a couple of Sterlingtek for my 5DMkII, and they work well.

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:22 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.5 #19 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

Anyone in the know on these?
Sounds good, though, I'm sure the AF will be slow?

<< ;http://adapterworks.com/>>;

EOS EF To Fuji XF Adapter
The first adapter for the Fuji XF mount with electronic control of EF lenses. Fully powered by the camera body enabling you to autofocus all your existing Canon EF lenses on the X-Pro 1. It includes an USB connector for future firmware upgrades of the adapter making it a long lasting investment.

Preorder now and get your adapter for $420.00 at launch!

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:45 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.5 #20 · Fuji X-E1 tips and tricks

Woo, big brown truck just left a "silver" body X-E1, and XF35/1.4, cool deal.

Mar 04, 2013 at 09:53 PM
       6       7       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

6       7       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password