Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2012 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

thedruid
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

D90? Sorry think quality better than a D3x and a body slightly bigger than D7000

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM
LA_Sportsman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

K6AZ wrote:
It's not weather sealed like the D300. Think D90 with a FX sensor.

I decided for the price difference with the D800 that I'd just use my D300 on those 5-10 days per year that I'm in questionable weather.

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM
mister_eff

p.3 #3 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

LA_Sportsman wrote:
I read the links from Ripolini as well as byThom reviews. I'm satisfied on performance of the D600. My remaining question is weather protection.

Anyone have experience with a D300 and D600 to compare? I'm just a hobbyist so not extreme conditions but I used my D70 and D300 in snow storms and misty conditions with no ill effects to the cameras. I covered cameras when not actually shooting and used homemade rain covers but not a water housing. This is a couple time per year occurrence. I guess I could also just use my D300 in those conditions. I plan
...Show more
K6AZ wrote:
It's not weather sealed like the D300. Think D90 with a FX sensor.

Actually, the D90 has very little weather sealing. The D7000 (and thus the D600, I'd guess) has lots of weather sealing. The D300 has more weather sealing but still isn't "fully" weather sealed

From Thom Hogan's D7000 review:
The materials, durability, ruggedness, and other build-quality aspects of the D300s are executed at a slightly higher level. If you're bouncing your camera around in the Outback all year long, the D300s is going to stand up to that better than the D7000, though the D7000 will stand up to it better than a D90 would.

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Stilltime
• •
p.3 #4 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

vchowdhary wrote:
Both items are backordered - thats the one I placed an order for as well

Where does it show that it is backordered? I couldn't find that on the page anywhere, and there was no notification of it being backordered when I placed the order, or in my confirmation email

How long will it be backordered for

Dec 15, 2012 at 02:06 AM
robert829
• • •
p.3 #5 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

I will buy this D600 when price goes down to 1k..

Dec 15, 2012 at 03:25 AM
vchowdhary
• • •
p.3 #6 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

Stilltime wrote:
Where does it show that it is backordered? I couldn't find that on the page anywhere, and there was no notification of it being backordered when I placed the order, or in my confirmation email

How long will it be backordered for

Called up Adorama, they have an automated order tracking system which says my order is backordered. On the webpage it shows pending.

The 2 items included in the kit are backordered.

Dec 15, 2012 at 03:50 AM
Stilltime
• •
p.3 #7 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

vchowdhary wrote:
Called up Adorama, they have an automated order tracking system which says my order is backordered. On the webpage it shows pending.

The 2 items included in the kit are backordered.

Wow, thank you SO much for that info - never knew they had that automated tracking!

I have a shoot next weekend, and just sold my current gear.... My local best buy has this kit in-stock, I might cancel this with Adorama tomorrow and pick it up in store. Only downside is I won't get the additional kit items

Thanks again! Regardless, I will be getting this I'll just have to call Adorama and see if they have any indication of a shipment or not...

Dec 15, 2012 at 05:23 AM
agelessphotog
• •
p.3 #8 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

I just bought one from Bestbuy. Sure I don't get the extra accessories. But peace of mind goes a long way. And if the dust/oil is a big issue I can get my money back within 30 days. Is it true that if I shoot between F1.8 and F5.6 I probably won't notice any dust/oil anyways?

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.3 #9 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

agelessphotog wrote:
I just bought one from Bestbuy. Sure I don't get the extra accessories. But peace of mind goes a long way. And if the dust/oil is a big issue I can get my money back within 30 days. Is it true that if I shoot between F1.8 and F5.6 I probably won't notice any dust/oil anyways?

I don't notice it until stopped down to f11, but some indicated that it shows at wider apertures...

Dec 15, 2012 at 01:03 PM
mmurph
• • • •
p.3 #10 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

Stilltime wrote:
I'll just have to call Adorama and see if they have any indication of a shipment or not...

I ordered a Canon T4i kit they had on special a few weeks back. When it was backordered, it shipped the next day.

They seem pretty good at getting new stock. Of course, YMMV, but I ma sure Nikon is happy to pump out product right now.

Dec 15, 2012 at 05:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

folsomwg
• •
p.3 #11 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

robert829 wrote:
I will buy this D600 when price goes down to 1k..

Seconded.

Dec 15, 2012 at 05:57 PM
playerofwar
• • •
p.3 #12 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

mister_eff wrote:
Actually, the D90 has very little weather sealing. The D7000 (and thus the D600, I'd guess) has lots of weather sealing. The D300 has more weather sealing but still isn't "fully" weather sealed

From Thom Hogan's D7000 review:

D600 has the same weathersealing as the D800.

Dec 15, 2012 at 07:14 PM
LA_Sportsman
• •
p.3 #13 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

agelessphotog wrote:

Surely you don't shoot all your photos wide open? I've read Roger's articles on this and the last update I read said the problem leveled out after a camera was used a while (if I remember correctly). I plan on shooting a fair amount of photos to hopefully work through it before my next Yosemite trip where I will most definitely be shooting more than f/11.

BTW, Adorama allows returns for 30 days, no questions asked.

Dec 15, 2012 at 07:19 PM
Stilltime
• •
p.3 #14 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

Well, went into Best Buy and they had the body and lens separate and gave me the kit price for them. I told them about the bundles that B&H and Adorama is doing, so he pulled it up on the computer, let me pick one out, and they gave me the rest of the stuff to match their bundle!

Ended up with the kit, a Lowepro bag, monopod, Sandisk 32gb card, and it was supposed to be a house brand extra battery but he accidentally gave me an OEM Nikon one

Canceling my order through Adorama, glad I went to check it out locally. The guys there were more than happy to do the bundle for me.

Loving the camera so far...

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM
LA_Sportsman
• •
p.3 #15 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

Stilltime, great deal! I don't think Adorama's SD card is name brand I was tempted by the monopod but I went with Adorama because the wifi connect was same value as monopod and I can choose my monopod later.

Bestbuy is 45 minutes away or I might try to do the same. Congrats!

Dec 16, 2012 at 01:21 AM
tloon1

p.3 #16 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

My best buy still has the sale price in ohio.
They even told me I was able to use my 10 percent discount code I have, so I may pick the kit up today.
Mike

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Steve Beck
• • •
p.3 #17 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

tloon1 wrote:
They even told me I was able to use my 10 percent discount code I have, so I may pick the kit up today.
Mike

10% will cover the sales tax.

Dec 16, 2012 at 02:08 PM
tloon1

p.3 #18 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

Sure will, Im just not sure yet comming from a D300 after 5 years.

Dec 16, 2012 at 02:41 PM
Stilltime
• •
p.3 #19 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

tloon1 wrote:
Mike

As if they will bundle all the other accessories like B&H, my Best Buy did!

Dec 16, 2012 at 04:53 PM
mister_eff

p.3 #20 · Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!

Welp. My D600 arrived. I still have 4-5 hours of work to do though.

Dec 17, 2012 at 09:14 PM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password