Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S
  
 
epphoto
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S


I need to buy a center Column for Gitzo GT3531S can you please let me know what is the model number for the Carbon fiber Column, i get confused with Gitzo lineup
thanks again



Dec 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM
epphoto
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S


Thank you
I cant find it anywhere



Dec 12, 2012 at 02:59 AM
peter_n
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S


The GS3512S should do it. I'm using one on a 3541LS.





Dec 12, 2012 at 03:01 AM
epphoto
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S


peter_n wrote:
The GS3512S should do it. I'm using one on a 3541LS.




Man $280.00
I better sale the tripod ad $280.00 and get RRS



Dec 12, 2012 at 03:04 AM
peter_n
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S


It's $230 street. Extremely solid, same diameter as the first leg section on my 3541LS, non-rotation groove, carbon fiber. The RRS center columns are aluminum.




Dec 12, 2012 at 03:26 PM
sjms
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S


peter_n wrote:
It's $230 street. Extremely solid, same diameter as the first leg section on my 3541LS, non-rotation groove, carbon fiber. The RRS center columns are aluminum.



Yes they are. There is no advantage to the CF vs alloy in that situation including weight and rigidity

TVC 23//24 quick column $88 9.1oz
TVC 33/34 quick column $110 12.7 oz

Light/stiff and efficiently priced. They simply work.

Weight of the gitzo : approx 17oz.



Dec 12, 2012 at 09:42 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S


The RRS should fit on the old Gitzo then?

EBH



Dec 14, 2012 at 02:49 AM
sjms
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S


I don't think RRS built in the particular flange to fit the slot in the Gitzo. you also would need a RRS platform and hook as these are needed to complete it and are part of the original TVC tripods.

I believe that the only part that did double duty was the leveling head. the original Gitzo was lacking in a few ways and heavy. so RRS decided to do something about it that Gitzo didn't feel a need to. well as you know Gitzo then "fixed" their new version tripod so it wouldn't fit it. so now that's water under the bridge.



Dec 14, 2012 at 02:57 AM
peter_n
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S


sjms wrote:
I believe that the only part that did double duty was the leveling head. the original Gitzo was lacking in a few ways and heavy. so RRS decided to do something about it that Gitzo didn't feel a need to. well as you know Gitzo then "fixed" their new version tripod so it wouldn't fit it. so now that's water under the bridge.


Gitzos new systematic safety latch has greatly inconvenienced their own customers who want to upgrade to the new version systematics because their accessories won't fit either. I think it's unlikely that they designed the new latch just to spite users of one product from RRS.




Dec 14, 2012 at 04:11 PM
sjms
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S


yes it has and they don't care as long as the maintain the "purity of the breed". they have done it before and will do it again.

one could approach it from another view. why is it there to begin with? the system has been without it for how many years and only now they show an interest in a possible issue that has always been there?

you would be surprised at what a company will do to protect their domain from the outside influence.

"to protect market share" is the mantra of most of industry.
- some do minor changes in their product to make it more unique
- some use litigation like a weapon of mass destruction















Dec 14, 2012 at 06:56 PM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S


peter_n wrote:
Gitzos new systematic safety latch has greatly inconvenienced their own customers who want to upgrade to the new version systematics because their accessories won't fit either. I think it's unlikely that they designed the new latch just to spite users of one product from RRS.




Eventually Gitzo, Manfrotto and RRS will all be part of the same company anway.

EBH



Dec 15, 2012 at 02:11 PM
sjms
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · Center Column for Gitzo GT3531S


well 2 of them are Gitzo/Manfrotto. I really kinda doubt RRS will go that way for quite sometime. if it were to happen it would most likely be in a time where I no longer would care I think.

for Vitec RRS is a limited blip on their screen. they have greater capacity and distribution in everyway over RRS. RRS is boutique type gear with limited production.



Dec 15, 2012 at 02:24 PM





FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password