Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2012 · 6D or D600 So Unsure...

PeaktoPeek
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · 6D or D600 So Unsure...

If you are using a lot of alternative glass, then the Canon bodies are much more attractive. At one point I was shooting a ton of alternative glass, C/Y, Olympus, Pentax, and even Nikon with my 5D -- its much easier to adapt lenses to Canons. Regarding the mass of buttons on the D600, coming from the 5D I was also a little concerned. However, after a couple days I picked it up pretty fast and now I actually prefer using dedicated buttons versus menu surfing. For example I like that I can change AF modes without taking my eye out of the viewfinder or switch to crop mode, etc. Its definitely a different way of doing things, but after you get used to it, not too bad.

Dec 14, 2012 at 08:50 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.4 #2 · 6D or D600 So Unsure...

The lens in this bundle may be interesting for some (beginners). After what I saw at TDP.com it is worthless for me.

Dec 14, 2012 at 09:34 PM
vchowdhary
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · 6D or D600 So Unsure...

samfowler wrote:
Thats a joke right?

Wow this reminds me of middle school

Dec 14, 2012 at 09:51 PM
vchowdhary
• • •
p.4 #4 · 6D or D600 So Unsure...

Ralph Conway wrote:
The lens in this bundle may be interesting for some (beginners). After what I saw at TDP.com it is worthless for me.

Its actually quite a good lens for its size. I wouldnt pay 600 for it since I don't need it. But getting the lens for free, I'll take it.

My experience with it was on the D800 and with a d600 with 28 1.8G

At the wide focal lengths, its actually a pretty good lens. I didn't care for it at anything over 50mm

Dec 14, 2012 at 09:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

digitalbug30d
• • • •
p.4 #5 · 6D or D600 So Unsure...

jamesf99 wrote:
Correct, it's a *gear phorum*. Too many here think it's a Canon loyalty site, so thanks for remembering that.

I agree that the lose nut behind the wheel is the most important (i.e., skill/knowledge) followed by light, but...

and it's a big BUT - all things being equal, the DR discrepancy between Nikon-Canon has been validated over and over. I've wanted better DR for the last 13 years of using Canon digital, and it looks like it's going to be at least 3-4 more years before Canon does (or even can do) anything about it.

I always thought of this site as"Canon rules,Nikon drools" lol

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM
digitalbug30d
• • • •
p.4 #6 · 6D or D600 So Unsure...

well I did enter a contest to win a Nikon D600

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.4 #7 · 6D or D600 So Unsure...

samfowler wrote:
I am going with the Canon 6D. buttons - WTF. What the hell are they all for was going thru my head. What the hell - do I have to go to school to learn all this button thing? I took some shots with it and said whatever - no biggie. Do you want good images, then that's your lenses producing that IMO. Garbage lenses gets you garbage pictures. I like the Canon 6D since its not so buttony - a lot less buttons to look at or try to figure out. The 6D has the ability to control it
...Show more

sounds good

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password