Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Your thoughts on Olympus m4/3 lenses?

jhinkey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Your thoughts on Olympus m4/3 lenses?

I looked really really hard at the OM-D - in the end I got a great deal on the Panny GH-2 + 12-35/2.8 OIS.

The OMD just was too fussy to use to change anything and I would have needed to get the grip to make it holdable (for even more $$). Also, I would have gotten the 12-35/2.8 anyways as it's the only quality m43 zoom that starts at 12mm (24mm FX equiv.).

Yes the IQ of the GH-2 will be two years dated, but it's still way better than any small sensor point and shoot and it ticks just about all the critical things for me: Built-in flash, lots of external controls, flip out/hideable screen, great viewfinder, and perhaps most importantly a true 16:9-capable sensor. It can also use all that great Oly glass if needed even though it does not have IBIS.

That 75/1.8 is just amazing based on my test shots . . . . . not sure it's worth the cost, but it is amazing!

Dec 16, 2012 at 02:34 AM
snapsy
• • • •
p.2 #2 · Your thoughts on Olympus m4/3 lenses?

jhinkey wrote:
I looked really really hard at the OM-D - in the end I got a great deal on the Panny GH-2 + 12-35/2.8 OIS.

What sold me on the OM-D is hand-held shots at 1/15 with the Pany 25mm @ f/1.4. This combo is unrivaled for low-light static shooting.

Dec 16, 2012 at 04:02 AM
ChrisDM
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · Your thoughts on Olympus m4/3 lenses?

I shoot Nikon professionally and had an OMD with a set of primes, the Oly 12 & 45, and the Panasonic 20, as my travel/family camera. It was ok, nice and light, but I didnt feel it was worth the money for the IQ it delivered. I ended up selling it and picking up a Fuji XE1 and a set of their primes as my travel/family camera and am much more satisfied. Faster apertures, larger sensor, more reasonably priced lenses, etc.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:11 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password