Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · International transactions

anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · International transactions

Any of you all had any difficulty with Selling-Transactions to Buyers in Australia? If you'd rather not post in the clear, PM me.

tony

Dec 07, 2012 at 09:34 PM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #2 · International transactions

i sold a 1d3 to guy in australia with no worries.

takes a while to ship but all is well.

Dec 07, 2012 at 10:19 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · International transactions

I typically don't deal outside of the US simply because last time I checked, paypal doesn't give you any protection. So if I do, they have to pay via check, M.O. or paypal gift.

Dec 07, 2012 at 10:38 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #4 · International transactions

thanks for your feedback, guys. I had a few years back two very excellent transactions with guys from Australia when I was active on Pentax Forums. I wasn't aware that PP didn't provide "protection" (sic) for international sales, but then most of the scuttlebutt is that PP sides with buyers a very large percentage of the time no matter the territory. I was about to video my packaging the item and sealing it with tamper proof tape in anticipation of the buyer actually buying it, but, as it turned out, he decided to buy locally. Next time: CONUS ONLY

Dec 07, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Two23
• • • •
p.1 #5 · International transactions

I am becomming a pretty hardcore collector of antique camera gear. By antique, I mean gear from mainly two periods: 1840-1860, and 1900 to 1930. I have bought stuff from all around the world, including countries whose names I can't even pronounce. Right now I have a near mint Voigtlander Bergheil (vintage 1928) coming to me from the Netherlands, my last purchase was a "baby" Rolleiflex (Vintage 1932) from Slovensk, and before that I bought a 1906 Voigtlander Heliar from a guy in Thailand. I've never had a problem and I'm talking nearly two dozen transactions from all around the world. I'm just careful to look closely at the feedback. I consider Australia to be less risky than buying from someone in a major city in the U.S.

Kent in SD

Dec 12, 2012 at 03:40 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password