Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · calibration HELP - 2 separate monitors - not dual setup

patandcassie

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · calibration HELP - 2 separate monitors - not dual setup

Looking for a calibration help.

I have one main laptop that I edit on. Sometimes however I am working at the studio on an external monitor...other times I work at home on a different external monitor.

Question:
Is there a way that once calibrated I can easily switch profiles back and forth? Recalibrating every time is a bit tedious.

Thanks in advance

PS: using an Eye1 calibration device if that matters

Dec 05, 2012 at 02:34 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · calibration HELP - 2 separate monitors - not dual setup

If you are using Windows 7, you can use the Color Control Panel to switch among different profiles. If you're lucky, it might even do it for you automatically when it detects the different monitors. Make sure the Eye1 profile loader is disabled (not in your startup programs folder) if you do this.

In any case, you should not have to re-calibrate every time you change monitors. You should just calibrate/profile for each monitor you have, making a note of the file name that is created for each one (and perhaps re-naming that profile filename so it is easier for you to remember which is which.

Then the trick is to find the easiest way to cause the operating system you are using to switch among those profiles. This might be the Color Control Panel in Windows that I already mentioned or Eye1's profile loader or something similar on the Mac. Here is a good link that explains use of the Color Control Panel in Windows 7:

http://www.laszlopusztai.net/2009/08/23/stop-losing-display-calibration-with-windows-7/

Dec 05, 2012 at 03:03 PM
patandcassie

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · calibration HELP - 2 separate monitors - not dual setup

ahh that link was very helpful. I guess I had to simply enable Windows to do it's thing. Why it's off by default I have no idea.

I'm hoping once I set the correct default profile this works automatically.

Thank you!

Dec 05, 2012 at 04:28 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password