Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 5D II and Surface

prh5551
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5D II and Surface

I would like to use my Windows Surface Tablet and connect it to my 5D II to aid in focusing. Anyone try this, is it possible? What do I need to adjust in the 5D II? I tried without luck.

Thanks, prh

Dec 04, 2012 at 09:13 PM
blitzn
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5D II and Surface

Watching anxiously for any replies! I'm curious too.

Dec 05, 2012 at 04:12 AM
CharChar
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5D II and Surface

I think you need the Surface Pro (not availabel yet) for Windows 8 not the Surface for Windows RT.

Dec 05, 2012 at 05:56 AM
playerofwar
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5D II and Surface

It will be possible in the near future, but there is no app for it at the moment it seems (just checked it). It would certainly work on the Pro version (then you also have all your desktop applications).

Dec 05, 2012 at 11:26 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5D II and Surface

remember that there are touch hybrid devices (some ultrabooks and such) from other makers that have the full windows 8 product (which is both touch using surface interface/OS and full win 8) out in the wild as we speak that support canons remote software as windows standard software. unlike mac it will do both on the right machine.

Dec 05, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

OwlsEyes
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5D II and Surface

Is this possible with an iPhone or iPad? I know there is an app for Galaxy devices.... this is the only reason that I am interested in the 6D. The wifi controller looks to be like a robust solution for people who need bigger screens to work with tilt-shift lenses and macro subjects.

cheers,
bruce

Dec 05, 2012 at 11:51 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5D II and Surface

OwlsEyes wrote:
Is this possible with an iPhone or iPad? I know there is an app for Galaxy devices.... this is the only reason that I am interested in the 6D. The wifi controller looks to be like a robust solution for people who need bigger screens to work with tilt-shift lenses and macro subjects.

cheers,
bruce

yes it is possible on a ipad. but, as with anything apple there is additional hardware (pricey) involved.
http://www.camranger.com/

Dec 05, 2012 at 12:42 PM
CharChar
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 5D II and Surface

cheaper solution, you can even diy.
http://www.dslrbot.com/

Dec 05, 2012 at 07:15 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 5D II and Surface

yep IR is less pricey but with limits. It is proprietary in nature. the surface has superior wifi capability too, easier hardwire option too.

Dec 06, 2012 at 02:54 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password