Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · How do I get PS CS5 back to 32 bit?

Hrow
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How do I get PS CS5 back to 32 bit?

Changed CS5 to 64bit to try to deal with some memory limit problems. Had stayed with 32 bit because of some plug-in incompatibilities. Found that they still existed and went to change back but the option accessed by going to Applications / Adobe Photoshop CS5 and right clicking for Get Info where the 32 bit option box existed before has now disappeared.

Trying to avoid a reload of PS so I am hoping someone has an idea how to shift back to 32 bit.

Thanks for any help.

PS. The issue is with Viveza 2. In 64 bit I can only access Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and Structure. The color controls are gone in 64 bit. If someone has an idea on how to fix that I would be happier staying in 64 bit. Yes, I am using the latest version.

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:44 AM
Snead
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How do I get PS CS5 back to 32 bit?

If I want to run CS5 32bit on my Win7 computer I just Click on the Start button and select "All Programs". Adobe Photoshop CS5 64 bit and Adobe Photoshop CS5 (32 bit) will be listed.

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Hrow
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How do I get PS CS5 back to 32 bit?

Ooops should have stated it is a Mac running 10.6.8. Shouldn't post on Saturday nights.

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:08 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How do I get PS CS5 back to 32 bit?

navigate to /Applications -> .... until you get to the actual PS app, then do a cmd-i (Get Info) and click the little checkbox that says (approx) 'Run in 32 bit mode'

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How do I get PS CS5 back to 32 bit?

Here is a video that shows the steps that Howard mentioned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hle1cf7QVL8

As far as Viveza 2, I see nothing that indicates incompatibility with your versions of PS, your OS, and 64-bit. You might want to make sure you are running the latest release of Viveza (v2.009 appears to be the most recent version for the Mac) and possibly re-install.

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:46 PM
Hrow
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How do I get PS CS5 back to 32 bit?

The problem is that the box for 32 Bit under Get Info has disappeared. It was there when I changed to 64 bit but is now completely gone (not even grayed out - but gone). Without the 32 Bit Box there doesn't appear to be a way to switch it back so that's what I am hoping to find.

I am running the latest available version from Nik and I have reinstalled it several times - including an older version. Since the old version was fine under 32 bit and had all of the color controls I have to assume that it is a 64 bit incompatibility.

Probably will upgrade to 10.8 today. I don't think it will have much of an impact but who knows..

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:03 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How do I get PS CS5 back to 32 bit?

the only way I can think of for the '32 bit' checkbox to disappear is for the binary itself to go from 'fat' (multi-architecture) to single (64 bit only) but that's really unlikely to have happened.

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:52 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password