Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

Wonderful narrative and photos! After reading your story, that last shot tells it all .

Birdie

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:26 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

Great job Scott. Love the bgs in all. #2 is my pick!

Ted

Dec 02, 2012 at 07:36 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

An interesting story Scott, and some nice shots with 2 standing out for me too ~ Ron

Dec 03, 2012 at 01:06 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

Bliz: Hopefully the young bull will survive. Thanks for the correction. Much appreciated. Scott

Charlie Shugart: I believe moose do become friends. Young males sometimes follow large old males around. Glad you like the story. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

waldr_p: The wolves would take full advantage of the situation if they find him. His advantage is being near the road and the wolves don't like people. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

eyelaser: Thanks for the encouragement. The moose were great to see. It was great to see that I could get a focus through the snow. Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Dec 03, 2012 at 01:48 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

birdied: The pictures were in order of time and I agree the last one is not such a great shot but it does finish the story well. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Ted ellis: If you like snowy bg , I have snowy Glad you like 2. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

surfnron: Glad you like the story and 2. It pushed the 7d and the 600 to its limits. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Dec 03, 2012 at 01:50 PM
Vern Dewit
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

Interesting Scott. I'll have to keep an eye on this forum for wolf / grizzly shots soon I guess!

Dec 03, 2012 at 03:38 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

Vern Dewit wrote:
Interesting Scott. I'll have to keep an eye on this forum for wolf / grizzly shots soon I guess!

That would be good luck for me and bad luck for the moose. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Dec 04, 2012 at 01:41 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Alan Dean
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

Thanks Scott for posting these as well as telling a story. Perhaps we are to conscious about posting an image that we personally don't think meets the 'standards." I think you will agree that all to often our perfect images don't say anything . Your demonstrated patience to watch and to really see is as important to me as the images you have posted.

Alan

Dec 04, 2012 at 02:30 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

Alan Dean: Thanks Dean. I agree. Sometimes a illustrated story is more powerful than a single picture. Thanks for the encouragement. Much appreciated. Scott

Dec 04, 2012 at 01:50 PM
harland
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

Very nice Scott. #2 is really nice. If she is hurt badly, it will be nearly impossible for her to survive with winter just coming on. Nature is a cruel beast sometimes.
Darryl

Dec 06, 2012 at 01:01 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

Harland: Glad you like 2. I think that winter is going to be tough. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Dec 06, 2012 at 03:38 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

Those are all really nice Scott. The first shot of the cow reminds me of the look a dog gives you when it's injured or has a thorn in it's paw. Really sad, but t's nature I guess. Hate to see it though.

Like many of the other comments, the snow covered bull is my favorite.

Dec 06, 2012 at 04:06 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

#3 for me

Dec 06, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Moose in Winter at Kananaskis

ckcarr: Nature is tough - even the predators have to eat. Glad you like 2. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Conrad Tan: Glad you like 3. The snow was obscuring but the emotion was there. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Dec 07, 2012 at 01:53 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password