Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · What would you like to see in a D800 firmware upgrade?

Alistair1
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · What would you like to see in a D800 firmware upgrade?

Do something with the ridiculous menu and user interface. e.g. cycle through the live view display options by pressing the info button - intuitive and perfectly fine. But want a live histogram? Lets make them search for it - a prize for the engineer who can find the most difficult place to find - lets put it on the OK button. Kaching.
How can we hide the playback display options? - make the info button do something completely different and put the playback info options on the multicontroller!
This from a new Nikon user who only got to page 240 in the manual before losing the will to live and go out shooting at sunrise in -10C. AAAAHhhhhhhh....
Please Nikon, pick up an old 1ds 1,2, or 3 and learn how to make buttons that have a crown usable with gloves and painful bloodless fingers. I could go on and on and on but I won't. Rant over.
Got the images on the computer and a lot is forgiven. But not all!

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:04 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · What would you like to see in a D800 firmware upgrade?

NotoriousPTG wrote:
SRAW!!!

dont be wuss. . 10 years from now you will be pulling your hairs out why you had sraw on exactly for that nice baby shot you now want to display on the new interactive wall. Honey, can you remember why we were so stupid to reduce resolution? It was only 36Mpixel back in those funny days to start with?!

36Mpixels is 1,7m tall woman lifesize displayed at 100dpi with some space left on top and bottom. Coincidence?

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:28 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · What would you like to see in a D800 firmware upgrade?

To Craigs point... yeah, fix the Live View... Also, even though I have the latest firmware updates, I have noticed the D800 locking up once in a while as it writes to the card, I thought that had been fixed in the previous firmware upgrade?

Jim

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:52 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · What would you like to see in a D800 firmware upgrade?

it haven't been fixed, but was reduced.
You can easily reproduce it. Usually taking another shot resolves it for me. I also didn't noticed any image loss.

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:31 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.