Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Camera on a stick

rsartin
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Camera on a stick

obsean wrote:
I've used a extendable paint pole from Home Depot with a Kasey Enterprises DSLR paint pole adapter for many years now. Works FABULOUS and is pretty affordable too.
Here is the link http://www.kaceyenterprises.com/?page_id=871

Sean

Sean, thanks a ton for the link...been considering making this for about two years.

I've just used painter poles and a superclamp with a little "L" bracket, but I'm about to order this bracket.

Dec 26, 2012 at 03:26 AM
jason9101

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Camera on a stick

^ Does it come with warranty?

Dec 27, 2012 at 06:38 AM
jayboat

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Camera on a stick

Been using this technique with a monopod for years. I shoot a lot of boats and it is a very convenient way to get shots of interiors and engine compartments from the dock. Also works great in crowd situations- an extra few feet can make a world of difference.

I've seen some very nice work done with gopros using the stick method.

Dec 27, 2012 at 02:05 PM
StevePix

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Camera on a stick

I've been using a fully extended Gitzo CF monopod and full size Canon body with cable release for this technique for many years with no problems. The monopod goes from full collapse to full extension and vice versa in a few seconds. I don't find it to be very heavy or difficult to control, even in large crowds and hectic situations. With a fisheye or super-wide lens it's pretty easy to capture the scene, especially after you've practiced a bit with aiming.

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password