Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · contax CY lenes on D800. Users?

wfrank
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · contax CY lenes on D800. Users?

Thanks Wayne. But darn, they seem out of business now

Found this archived thread just now with a bit ambiguous info regarding both happpagehk and Bigis:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/776085

Dec 03, 2012 at 08:43 PM
Meatfish

p.2 #2 · contax CY lenes on D800. Users?

AhamB wrote:
I think a barrel shave just means you shave the tube with the aperture fin and except a little bit more perhaps to get mirror clearance. A simple metal file is enough for that. That only applies for the 50/1.4, 28/2.8 and 35/2.8.

Has anyone shaved the 35mm 2.8 for the D800? How do you calculate how much needs to be shaved to get it to not foul the mirror? Are there any photos anywhere I could check before taking a file to it? Many thanks in advance (and sorry for weighing in here on first post, came across the post when searching for examples of shaving the Contax lenses as I have a 35mm/2.8 and a 50mm/1.7, and a D800 and 2 leitax adapters on the way)

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:54 AM
AhamB
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · contax CY lenes on D800. Users?

@Meatfish: When you have both your 35/2.8 and 50/1.7 Leitaxed you should be able to compare how much the barrel around the rear element protrudes beyond the mount surface. It should be the top portion that's most likely to block the mirror.
I'd just go slowly at it with a metal file and tape up the lens properly so that you don't get metal shavings/dust inside the lens. Rotary cutters/Dremels may fling the shavings inside the lens.

Dec 04, 2012 at 07:24 PM
Meatfish

p.2 #4 · contax CY lenes on D800. Users?

Thanks AhamB, a bit of measuring yesterday and I think I have 9mm clearance in the D800 so one converted I think my 35mm (quite late MM version) will just about work, it certainly seems to give about 1mm of clearance.

Dec 05, 2012 at 09:34 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password