Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Gitzo vs Induro

Tom K.
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Gitzo vs Induro

Given the choice.....which one would you buy and why.

Gitzo GT-2531
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/567542-REG/Gitzo_GT2531_GT_2531_Mountaineer_6X_Carbon.html

or

Induro Carbon 8X CT213
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/655204-REG/Induro_471_213_Carbon_8X_CT213_Tripod.html

I am going to buy one of these tripods. Looking for opinions of people who may have used them and have first hand knowledge of them.

I have the Acratech GV2 Ballhead for use with whichever tripod I purchase.

Thank you.

Nov 30, 2012 at 04:00 AM
vsg28
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Gitzo vs Induro

See my reply on your identical thread on POTN.

Nov 30, 2012 at 09:11 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Gitzo vs Induro

The Gitzo of course

Nov 30, 2012 at 09:15 AM
Red Rover
• •
p.1 #4 · Gitzo vs Induro

You are not going to find much love, if any, for Induro here. A little research on the internet will bring up some good reviews, but the answer you will most likely get is that it is not as good as the Gitzo. You will probably also be told that you must buy an RRS or you are not getting the best.

I would like to see some reviews by forum members that objectively rate the Induro, Feisol, and Sirui tripods so we all can benefit from the experience. these threads usually turn into Chinese product bashing.

I just ordered a Feisol CT-3371 (pretty big, 3 section anti-rotation legs, no center column, $414 shipped from Amazon) and will post my thoughts after I use it for a while. I also will be using an Acratech GV 2. I considered the Induro CT 313, but with an optional short column (which I would need) it's almost $200 more. The additional 5 year warranty for registering on line is nice, but I am giving the Feisol a shot. I like the fact that it has no center column but one can be added as an option.

Based on what I have read, I would not hesitate to try the Induro, even if the Gitzo is "better". For me it's a matter of meeting my needs and the only way to tell is to give it a try. I've been told this means I have low expectations . Oh well.

Read up here on Induro VS the better tripods, but it's lots of opinon with little fact:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1166155

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Gitzo vs Induro

I saw these by very well respected photographers.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dcqDmrwaB7k

http://photofocus.com/2009/10/13/how-induro-tripods-got-me-to-make-the-biggest-gear-switch-of-my-life/

Nov 30, 2012 at 04:14 PM
Jman13
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Gitzo vs Induro

I have not used a Gitzo or RRS tripod for any length of time, but my Induro has been fantastic. I've had it for about 3 years now, and it has held up beautifully. Leg locks are still very solid and easy to use...no issues with build quality or damage. Lightweight and sturdy. Might the Gitzo last longer? Maybe. Maybe not. I think if you have cash to spare, the Gitzo might be the safer long term investment, but given the stability and, at least for me so far, the quality of the tripod in use, I don't personally feel the need to shell out the significant price difference on a 'maybe' on life of use.

Nov 30, 2012 at 04:28 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Gitzo vs Induro

Red Rover wrote:
You are not going to find much love, if any, for Induro here. A little research on the internet will bring up some good reviews, but the answer you will most likely get is that it is not as good as the Gitzo. You will probably also be told that you must buy an RRS or you are not getting the best.

I would like to see some reviews by forum members that objectively rate the Induro, Feisol, and Sirui tripods so we all can benefit from the experience. these threads usually turn into Chinese product bashing.

I just ordered
...Show more

Feisol is not even from China. And I don't see any threads here about Feisol that turn into Chinese product bashing. Feisol have always had a rather good reputation here at FM. Not as good as RRS or Gitzo. But a lot better than the "normal Chinese copy brand".
Induro is one of the better Chinese tripods brands. But it cost way too much in the Western countries. I stay in S.E.Asia a third of the year, and I can buy every Induro tripod for nearly half the price there. Sirui is not at all as good as the other two brands here.

Nov 30, 2012 at 04:35 PM
Red Rover
• •
p.1 #8 · Gitzo vs Induro

I never said Feisol was from China and I'll retract the statement about bashing. There aren't informative threads on any of the tripods I mentioned, and that is a shame. i would like to see reviews by forum members who have actually used them, even if the reviews are negative.

Nov 30, 2012 at 04:52 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Gitzo vs Induro

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Feisol is not even from China. And I don't see any threads here about Feisol that turn into Chinese product bashing. Feisol have always had a rather good reputation here at FM. Not as good as RRS or Gitzo. But a lot better than the "normal Chinese copy brand".
Induro is one of the better Chinese tripods brands. But it cost way too much in the Western countries. I stay in S.E.Asia a third of the year, and I can buy every Induro tripod for nearly half the price there. Sirui is not at all as good as the other
...Show more

So tripods made in China are very inexpensive if purchased in S.E. Asia. They are made of carbon fiber. If that is the case than by definition a Gitzo carbon fiber tripod is a ripoff as far as price is concerned.

Nov 30, 2012 at 04:57 PM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Gitzo vs Induro

If you're bent on buying a "quality" tripod directly from China:

http://www.made-in-china.com/productdirectory.do?subaction=hunt&style=b&mode=and&code=0&comProvince=nolimit&order=0&isOpenCorrection=1&word=carbon+tripod&by=%2Fproductdirectory.do

And, of course, all CF, and all the other parts are all the same as Gitzo, RRS, etc. The only difference is the price.

Nov 30, 2012 at 06:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · Gitzo vs Induro

Red Rover wrote:
I never said Feisol was from China and I'll retract the statement about bashing. There aren't informative threads on any of the tripods I mentioned, and that is a shame. i would like to see reviews by forum members who have actually used them, even if the reviews are negative.

There have been at least 50 threads that includes one or more of these 3 tripod brands. And every month there are a few new. I own a Feisol and have used all those 3 brands. Just do a search.......

Nov 30, 2012 at 06:46 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · Gitzo vs Induro

Tom K. wrote:
So tripods made in China are very inexpensive if purchased in S.E. Asia. They are made of carbon fiber. If that is the case than by definition a Gitzo carbon fiber tripod is a ripoff as far as price is concerned.

Gitzo don't raise their prices to twice as much when selling in Western countries (compared to Asia) And that was the main thing here.

Nov 30, 2012 at 06:52 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · Gitzo vs Induro

dcains wrote:

http://www.made-in-china.com/productdirectory.do?subaction=hunt&style=b&mode=and&code=0&comProvince=nolimit&order=0&isOpenCorrection=1&word=carbon+tripod&by=%2Fproductdirectory.do

And, of course, all CF, and all the other parts are all the same as Gitzo, RRS, etc. The only difference is the price.

Yes they are all the same

Nov 30, 2012 at 06:55 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · Gitzo vs Induro

actually the origin of Feisol is Chinese it just not mainland China but it is the ROC (Republic Of China), aka: Taiwan, fka: Formosa.

Nov 30, 2012 at 09:18 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · Gitzo vs Induro

dcains wrote:

lets face it pretty much they are twin sons of different mothers when it comes to the mainland products.

Nov 30, 2012 at 09:22 PM
KFG1
• • • •
p.1 #16 · Gitzo vs Induro

Gitzo, Why? I've used Gitzo for decades with zero issues.

Dec 01, 2012 at 01:12 AM
SSISteve
• • •
p.1 #17 · Gitzo vs Induro

I have owned a Feisol and now own 2 Induro CF tripods. I really liked the Feisol and the only reason I sold it was that I wanted anti-rotation legs which was not available when I bought that model. The Induro tripods are very solid and I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. Personally, I don't see the need to spend the extra money on a Gitzo.

Steve

Dec 01, 2012 at 09:26 PM
Herb Houghton
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · Gitzo vs Induro

The only set of legs going under my 500 or 800 is Gitzo. I have two of the 3541XLS tripod legs and I've never had a problem with either. I have the Feisol monopod. It's definitely not as smooth as the gitzo 6X legs.

Dec 01, 2012 at 09:35 PM
godfather
• • •
p.1 #19 · Gitzo vs Induro

I would defiantly pick the one that looks the best to you. I'm actually surprised that only $100 separates the two options. You might want to look into used models...easily making the more expensive option the same price as the other new one.

For me a tripod will last a lifetime and most my cameras depreciate $100 in a few months so I'm not going to let the difference in price make the choice for me.

Dec 01, 2012 at 09:58 PM
sperraglia
• • •
p.1 #20 · Gitzo vs Induro

If you are shooting under normal conditions it might not make much of a difference, but if your conditions get extreme then I would choose gitzo. A few weeks ago I took my buddies induro to Churchill since we would be primarily shooting out of tundra buggy windows I decided to take his slightly lighter weight induro to save packing weight. We had northern lights 2 nights - the first was in -20 something and everybody with a gitzo had no trouble with their leg locks but the induro were really, really difficult to lock the legs. I was kicking myself for leaving my gitzos at home and won't make that mistake again. Of course if you aren't shooting in -20 then you are probably ok, but I won't take that chance again.

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:41 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password