Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

3              6       7       end

Archive 2012 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

Mescalamba
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

6D - repacked 5DMK2

Only if I wanted to have guarantee, which is I think 1 year only in US.

If I was really into video, I wouldnt buy Nikon or Canon..

Nov 30, 2012 at 01:25 AM
ISO1600
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

Waiting on 6D reviews is killing me.
I'm pretty sure I'd rather go with the Canon over a D600, some of the features just really have me leaning this way.

Nov 30, 2012 at 03:05 PM
ISO1600
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

Well, i just did it.

6D and Happy Meal (50/1.8) on the way from B&H, UPS 2nd Day Air.
I'm back in Canon. Hopefully I'm happy with it, but B&H gives you 30 days to decide.

Now to hop on Amazon and buy another Fotodiox Nikon adapter.

Dec 01, 2012 at 10:54 PM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

Haha, I just got back from Best Buy with my 6D. I couldn't wait for the reviews. If I don't like it, I can bring it back before January 24th!

Dec 01, 2012 at 11:09 PM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

Here's ISO 25,600 (JPEG):

And a center crop:

Dec 01, 2012 at 11:13 PM
eosfun
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

Anybody care to answer why choose $2000 6D over $1700-1800 5dII? From alt user point of View.

The WiFi based remote control should be a reason by itself. Manual focus with live view on a tablet or your smart phone is incredible. Maybe not for fast types of photography, but for landscapes, portraits and candid photography a.o. this is really more than a gimmick. Other reason: it's sensor. Don't take my word for it, just wait and see. The 5D mk II is maybe for some individual photographers a model with a specific feature you will like, but the large amount of photographers will appreciate the 6D over the 5D mk II.

Dec 01, 2012 at 11:17 PM
ISO1600
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

Patrick!!!!! Ugh!

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:25 AM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

Am I the first one in the world to do Alt with a 6D?

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:43 AM
ISO1600
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

First one on instagram.....

Put some stuff on Flickr!

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:53 AM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

I wish I had something interesting to shoot...

First impressions (coming from a 5Dc user):

Smaller size and weight is definitely appreciated and noticeable
High ISO is crazy good
Silent shutter mode is really awesome
Build feels nice
Autofocus is nothing to write home about (although I only ever use the center point)
Remote shooting with the iOS app is awesome...they need to make an iPad version!

Questions...let me know.

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jorgen Udvang
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

I'll hopefully be able to afford both the D600 for work and a 6D for alt glass. I look very much forward to use it as a platform for my OM lenses.

Is there anybody here who has a 6D and the Zeiss CY 85mm f/1.4? I would very much like to know if the mirror clears the rear element of that lens.

AS for 6D vs. 5DII:
No competition whatsoever. The sensor is in a totally different class and the smaller size doesn't hurt either.

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:21 AM
ISO1600
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

I'm sure the 6D is going to be a wild ride, re: Mirror clearance.... We're going to have to try every lens all over again!

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:40 AM
AhamB
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

weezintrumpete wrote:
First impressions (coming from a 5Dc user):

[...]

Questions...let me know.

What I'd like to know:
- how is the highlight rolloff?
- how good is the DR at base ISO? How much can the shadows be lifted before you see noise banding?
- how are the colors compared to the 5Dc?

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:05 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

Jorgen Udvang wrote:
AS for 6D vs. 5DII:
No competition whatsoever. The sensor is in a totally different class and the smaller size doesn't hurt either.

Most 5dIII review I see so far claim not much improvement over 5dII.
Why 6d is a different class? I don't care performance over ISO1600. base ISO to ISO400 is most important to me.

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:33 AM
Mike K
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

eosfun wrote:
The WiFi based remote control should be a reason by itself. Manual focus with live view on a tablet or your smart phone is incredible. Maybe not for fast types of photography, but for landscapes, portraits and candid photography a.o. this is really more than a gimmick.

My suspicion is that the WiFi Live View video signal to your phone/tablet is relatively low resolution, perhaps similar to the 640X480 USB video feed. This resolution may be a practical limit for use of the WiFi for manual focus of Alt lenses, but will be absolutely fine for composition. You can magnify the video image with the camera, but it will still be relatively low resolution feed on a high resolution pad.
The camera LCD has about 1 mp, similar to a basic HD signal. Does you phone or pad with the 6D have equivalent or greater resolution than the camera LCD in Live View?
I would like to be proven wrong.
Mike K

Dec 02, 2012 at 07:13 AM
curious80
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

Mike K wrote:
My suspicion is that the WiFi Live View video signal to your phone/tablet is relatively low resolution, perhaps similar to the 640X480 USB video feed. This resolution may be a practical limit for use of the WiFi for manual focus of Alt lenses, but will be absolutely fine for composition. You can magnify the video image with the camera, but it will still be relatively low resolution feed on a high resolution pad.
The camera LCD has about 1 mp, similar to a basic HD signal. Does you phone or pad with the 6D have equivalent or greater resolution than
...Show more

Camera LCD does not have 1M pixels - it has 1MP "dots" where each of the R, G and B dots are counted separately - a marketing trick played by manufacturers to make it sound impressive. In reality it is basically a VGA resolution 640x480 screen.

Dec 02, 2012 at 07:21 AM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

Too little too late for me, 2 years ago I'd jumped at one, now, I'll wait for a mirrorless FF to come out.

Dec 02, 2012 at 09:43 AM
wfrank
• • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

zhangyue wrote:
Most 5dIII review I see so far claim not much improvement over 5dII.
Why 6d is a different class? I don't care performance over ISO1600. base ISO to ISO400 is most important to me.

I'm interested in this too. The smaller form factor is attractive and some of the other features too, but essentially I dont expect any sensor improvement other than on the fringe.

BTW, does anyone know if the replacable screen is exactly the same as in the 5D2, ie you can simply move your EG-S from the 5D2 over to the 6D?

I too wonder about mirror clearance such as with CY lenses (e.g notorious ones such as the 35/1.4) and also if anyone tried the Rokkor 58/1.2 on it.

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:04 PM
melcat
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

wfrank wrote:
BTW, does anyone know if the replacable screen is exactly the same as in the 5D2, ie you can simply move your EG-S from the 5D2 over to the 6D?

Yes, there's a PDF manual floating around which says so: CF III-2 has metering curves for Eg-A II (stock), Eg-D, and Eg-S.

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:55 PM
AhamB
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Canon 6D. Interest? I got mine :D

curious80 wrote:
Camera LCD does not have 1M pixels - it has 1MP "dots" where each of the R, G and B dots are counted separately - a marketing trick played by manufacturers to make it sound impressive. In reality it is basically a VGA resolution 640x480 screen.

Yup. 640*480 = ~0.3MP. About 0.9 or 1 million dots/subpixels.

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:40 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password