Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2012 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Jonas B
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Oh, I use the 12mm Carsten. I try to use it at least; I haven't got the hang of that "Move a little closer, and voila" -thing though. Here, I spared you this arranged cliché earlier:

But this is about going back to a minimum of gear and the roots, sort of, when I owned one lens only and learned to make the most of it. The challenge will be in seeing more than mastering all the gear. So the 12/2 has to go together with the other lenses.

No, you don't need the 75 Carsten. You are welcome to buy it of course but why buy a FL you don't use? Hmm... more portraits perhaps?

And Markus, your processing and the colours, I forgot to mention I like that part of your work!

/Jonas

Jan 25, 2013 at 09:07 PM
philber
• • • • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Interesting that you are going back to one Lens, Jonas. I now use only two, a 24 and a 50 on crop. I could see myself with just a 35... Just!

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

philber wrote:
Interesting that you are going back to one Lens, Jonas. I now use only two, a 24 and a 50 on crop. I could see myself with just a 35... Just!

Nex 7? Ah, but which 35mm would you use then? I've tried many of them and found I would need two...

Normally I wouldn't recommend anyone using one lens only. I always had either two or three lenses in my bag when traveling and many would think that is too few. But, I always traveled light, more often with two than three lenses so having one lens only doesn't feel that limiting. Don't forget the context here: I have put the camera bag in the closet and intend to leave it there until next family gathering or a day I feel I really want to take an image or two of something.

Jan 26, 2013 at 08:02 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

philber
• • • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Ah, Jonas, let me foretell what is going to happen, based on my own experience. Now that I have decided that taking a camera with me at all times is the single most important factor contributing to my image-making, I always take my NEX 7 and two lenses with me, be it for fun or for work. And, most times, my tripod as well. Well, it is on that rare occasion that I leave without my camera that I run into a real opportunity. And on those occasions that I don't have my tripod that I wish I could do that low-light shot.
The moment you go out without your camera will be your first step towards wishing you had it. Rehab will come quickly to you, my friend...

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

philber wrote:
Ah, Jonas, let me foretell what is going to happen,(...) Rehab will come quickly to you, my friend...

Haha. Maybe so - quickly back to misery you mean? Cheers!

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
philber
• • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Misery, you don't say... just look at how much netter the new Leica Summicron AA is than the Summilux I love, on Boris' test shot. Only another 6-7000€

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password