Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Weekly Assignment Question

John-Tolentino
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Weekly Assignment Question

I'm trying to put in an entry and trying to attached an image through Flickr like I always do but I keep running on issues. When pasting the BBCode it tells me that it includes two images. When I just keep the URL for the photo then it tells me the EXIF data was expected?

My EXIF in flickr is still available to the public. any idea? Thanks

Nov 27, 2012 at 01:39 AM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Weekly Assignment Question

I'm having problems uploading to WA from Flickr as well -- it just says it "can't download the image". The same Flickr code works fine everywhere else -- only fails on the assignments. What gives? Do we have to subscribe to Buy and Sell to submit images? The rules indicate otherwise but.....

Thanks,
kk

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Weekly Assignment Question

It seems odd that these questions languish in a forum that is moderated by the form owner. The obvious conclusion is that we are not allowed to submit images to WA or MA unless we pay money, but for some reason the forum owner has not wanted to come out and say that. The rules for WA indicate that one can link photos from "their own" hosting site. It might be nice to see some definition of "their own" because obviously that category does not include Flickr.

How about a simple answer to a simply-worded civil question??

kk

Dec 05, 2012 at 01:46 AM
PatrickE
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Weekly Assignment Question

Have you PM'ed Fred Miranda? Top right hand corner of this screen.

Pat

Dec 05, 2012 at 02:07 AM
pokemanyz
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Weekly Assignment Question

I have not been able to get Flickr to work for posting here. No idea why so I just use Photobucket. Works great.

Dec 05, 2012 at 08:10 PM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Weekly Assignment Question

Flickr works fine on anything except WA and MA. That's the mystery.

kk

Dec 06, 2012 at 04:25 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

pokemanyz
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Weekly Assignment Question

If you're going to make statements like this -

"The obvious conclusion is that we are not allowed to submit images to WA or MA unless we pay money,"

And I point out that Photobucket works fine then you are clearly wrong and, in my opinion, should apologize to the forum owner.

Dec 06, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Weekly Assignment Question

You do not require to have the Upload & Sell service to participate in the weekly assignment boards.
The code looks for the EXIF data to verify date, dimension, etc.
From what I read on this thread, Flickr is preventing the code from reading the EXIF data. Anybody else having the similar issues? Are you posting the full URL address? (starts with "http" and ends with "jpg") ?
Fred

Dec 06, 2012 at 08:20 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Weekly Assignment Question

I love when Fred steps in and politely says "stop accusing me of trying to rip you off, you're just doing it wrong"

Dec 07, 2012 at 05:35 PM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Weekly Assignment Question

Thanks, Fred, for the response. I submit my photos to Flickr via a facility of iPhoto. Perhaps using that method, the required EXIF data is not available?

Should I assume from your response that MA and WA do extra checking, and that a method that works on all the other boards (which mine does) may not work on MA and WA?

Thanks,
kk

Dec 09, 2012 at 03:15 AM
shivers_13

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Weekly Assignment Question

I have run into the same issue with Flickr and the WA forum. However, Flickr works just fine for me in the other forums. I used the full URL and received the same error mentioned by the OP.

Dec 10, 2012 at 02:41 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password