Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Adrian

BDoll

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Adrian

Shot a few photos of my nephew, Adrian on thanksgiving. The lighting was amazing so I could not pass up the opportunity to get some shots.

Nikon D300s - Nikkor 35 f/1.4

Brian

Nov 24, 2012 at 09:47 AM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Adrian

He's not too happy in that last one! The lighting looks like it had good potential, but these are waaaay underexposed.

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:57 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Adrian

hate to be harsh, but these would end up in the recycle bin.
2 is ok but the B&W conversion isn't doing anything for it and they look way too dark.

Nov 24, 2012 at 01:04 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Adrian

Howdy,

First...my standard intro to anyone "new" to me on this forum...
My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. I can only speak for myself and what I do or do not find appealing in the posted photos. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

Thanks for posting the photo here. I enjoy looking at photos and it seems like there are fewer posted now on this forum. So, don't let my comments below discourage you from posting.

First, make sure you are using a calibrated monitor to see accurate tones and colors.

Perhaps your monitor is showing these images looking brighter/lighter than many of us see (they do look a little dark).

If you are using a calibrated monitor, consider adjusting the levels or setting a white point and see what happens to the image.

Nov 24, 2012 at 03:22 PM

jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Adrian

I actually prefer the darker moody feel to these, very nice captures

Def. not recycle bin material

Phil

Nov 24, 2012 at 03:38 PM
BDoll

p.1 #6 · Adrian

Thanks for the comments guys. Although it was the look I was going for, looking back on these images I do agree that they are a bit underexposed. This actually only came about when I converted them to grayscale and adjusted the hue in Nik SilverEfex, in camera they seemed to be properly exposed.

Nov 24, 2012 at 05:36 PM
Lee Saxon
• • •
p.1 #7 · Adrian

Nicely done! You gave a little kid gravitas with the editing haha

Nov 24, 2012 at 06:25 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password