Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · new to FM, first post

adamburns2000

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · new to FM, first post

sup everyone, i'm adam. been into photography for years but now starting to get serious with it.

So I just bought a strobe & an umbrella. Here are a couple shots from the first session:

me:

kelly:

Edited on Nov 23, 2012 at 04:06 PM · View previous versions

Nov 23, 2012 at 03:55 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · new to FM, first post

Welcome to the forum. Let me guess, a self portrait. These are hard to do. Try a tripod next time.

Nov 23, 2012 at 04:00 PM
adamburns2000

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · new to FM, first post

yeah it was just a very quick self shot while I was trying to get a good position for the flash, came out kinda nice so i kept it.

Nov 23, 2012 at 04:08 PM

friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · new to FM, first post

Adam, welcome! Actually, I agree with you, I think this self-portrait came out pretty good considering you were holding the camera out in front of you like that.

On the second shot, a single-light portrait can always be a challenge. I would recommend that you find a second light source: a window, a reflector, something. You just need something to keep the details in the shadows. Good start. Keep 'em coming!

Nov 23, 2012 at 04:16 PM
adamburns2000

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · new to FM, first post

for sure...this was the "just took the flash out of the box, lets try it out" shoot

Nov 23, 2012 at 04:22 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · new to FM, first post

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with some of the previous posts. A S/P is tough and focus is the thing that trips up the photog. How can one focus on the model in front when you can't see the focus point?

The second shot seems soft as well. The composition cuts off a portion of her elbow or the clothing in that area. Try to avoid that, but still put her off center as you did.

Keep posting!

Nov 23, 2012 at 07:13 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password