Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Fuji X-E1 X-Pro1 rant

ChrisDM
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Fuji X-E1 X-Pro1 rant

Spyro P. wrote:
Good rant
It doesnt bother me, but I support this "online petition" to fuji because I dont see a reason why this feature should be unavailable to people who want it

Having said that ChrisDM, I'm thinking you're maybe using the wrong tool for the job? If you want the max available aperture for moving subjects (especially close-by), even if you get your programmable auto iso there will be something else that will let you down, particularly the slow AF (for this type of work), lack of mutliple AF points and the sub-par AF tracking which is a common
...Show more

You're correct in that the AF system of the X-E1 is not ideal for moving subjects. However I am a professional photographer and shoot with DSLRs for a living. I want something smaller/lighter for personal/family/travel (which also includes moving subjects in changing light, even though the subjects are toddlers.. ) And having owned an Olympus OMD I am aware of both the capabilities and the limitations of the mirrorless genre. And there is no reason not to expect such a camera to have imprelmented properly such a useful feature that other major manufacturers seem to have figured out. It is a simple fix which would increase the utility of the camera significantly for those of us that photograph more than stationary subjects in broad daylight.

Nov 22, 2012 at 01:43 PM
jonrock
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Fuji X-E1 X-Pro1 rant

Besides the minimum shutter on auto ISO, do you guys find that pushing down on the AF button first on the back before you can change the AF point to be an issue? I read about some reviewers mentioning it about the X-E1 that's it's rather difficult to do while you are using the EVF.

Nov 24, 2012 at 05:00 AM
ChrisDM
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · Fuji X-E1 X-Pro1 rant

jonrock wrote:
Besides the minimum shutter on auto ISO, do you guys find that pushing down on the AF button first on the back before you can change the AF point to be an issue? I read about some reviewers mentioning it about the X-E1 that's it's rather difficult to do while you are using the EVF.

I am left-eyed so my thumb happens to be around the AF button anyways... But if it wasn't this would be a deal breaker for me. I am constantly moving my AF point around to suit my subject and it is unfortunate that the engineers at Fuji didn't think this was an ergonomic/operational issue. I have heard other reviews complain about this as well.

Nov 24, 2012 at 01:14 PM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password