Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

Archive 2012 · Lost FMers ?

crazeazn
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Lost FMers ?

the sticky removed all need for the members

Nov 21, 2012 at 02:44 PM
crazeazn
• • •
p.3 #2 · Lost FMers ?

man, i've been on here a long time.

Nov 21, 2012 at 02:46 PM
cogitech
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · Lost FMers ?

philber wrote:
If we go on about those who have dialed things back substantially, then this thread is going to get long. Just think: Samuli Vahonen, denoir, among many other luminaries...

True. I was just trying to clarify that some of StevenPA's list are not MIA.

Oddly enough, at one point I thought StevenPA was MIA, too.

On another note, I'd like to reach out to these people and ask them, even if they are not shooting much, or posting much, to please touch base once in a while and let us know how life is going...

This place is really all about the people, after all. During my absence, I often thought of all of you great folks here. What I didn't imagine is that things would have changed as much as they have...

Nov 21, 2012 at 02:54 PM
CVickery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · Lost FMers ?

crazeazn wrote:
man, i've been on here a long time.

+1 ... I just hope a little bit of the skill of all these members has rubbed off a bit.

Nov 21, 2012 at 03:26 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.3 #5 · Lost FMers ?

That is too bad about Francois leaving. Can understand the situation though.
He pushes things in the subject matter dept.
Fred and Richard thing was more a business relationship which went bad.
It was not a moderation thing.

Nov 21, 2012 at 03:47 PM
AhamB
• • • •
p.3 #6 · Lost FMers ?

I remember that at least one of the people mentioned left because he didn't like how commercial FM has become with the ads and facebook links and all.

Nov 21, 2012 at 04:07 PM
quicksilver33
• •
p.3 #7 · Lost FMers ?

wickerprints

I swear I learned something every time that man (?) posted.

Nov 21, 2012 at 04:45 PM
Ulff
• • •
p.3 #8 · Lost FMers ?

AhamB wrote:
I remember that at least one of the people mentioned left because he didn't like how commercial FM has become with the ads and facebook links and all.

I always thought FM to be completely ad-free. Last week, after I used another browser, I realized that it was my ad-blog add-on which kept FM ad-free for me over the years...

Nov 21, 2012 at 04:55 PM
Jman13
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · Lost FMers ?

I think that's a crazy reason to leave a forum. I understand with huge obtrusive ads that require clicks to dismiss, or autoplaying video or audio...things like that...but ads like here on FM? They pay the bills...I don't begrudge any site for having advertising as a revenue source.

Nov 21, 2012 at 05:16 PM
wjlapier
• • • •
p.3 #10 · Lost FMers ?

StevenPA wrote:
Yeah, they were the pioneers (as far as I remember), and a couple of guys whose names I can't recall right now. I think I learned about the Contax Distagon 21/2.8 from Guy and his cockpit shot. It wasn't long after that that D21 prices went up to $4,000 and we got booted from the Canon board. Haha.. I think Pondria gave the Alt forum its name.

The good old days of FM before the alt forum. Remember Mike Hatam and the Oly 21/3.5 hanging in there with the CZ 21. Prices for that lens went up too.

As for Son, he is/was over at the getdpi site. I remember when he got married all his crazy exotic lenses went up for sale. Must have been an expensive wedding!

Cogitech, good to see you posting again. Inspired me to create an F mount Minolta 58/1.2.

Nov 21, 2012 at 05:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

eosfun
• • • •
p.3 #11 · Lost FMers ?

Pondria, Larry Mowry, John Smeets, Monique, Jeff, Jack Flesher, Christo, Uwe Steinmuller, Sheila, Mahesh, Kyle Yates, Mark1958, DavidP, Andy Biggs, John Mc Fadden, Kretzchsmar, Nori, Javier Rey, Ernst Haas, Gary Petersen, RdKirk, Ulrik, Simon Dai, Francis, I could go on, and on and on. Memory lane. Probably some of them still visit and post but at boards that I do not follow frequently enough. One of those other developments. This community has become so big, it's not like the beginning when we knew each other every single participant in the forum.

Nov 21, 2012 at 05:55 PM
cogitech
• • • • • •
p.3 #12 · Lost FMers ?

Good to see (read?) you again Bill! I too remember seeing Mike Hatam's Oly 21/3.5 tests (ended up buying one, too). He hung around here for quite a while after Guy and Jack left...

Do you still have the F-mount Rokkor?

Nov 21, 2012 at 05:57 PM
cogitech
• • • • • •
p.3 #13 · Lost FMers ?

One more to add to the list (can't believe I didn't think of him before)!

hubsand!

Nov 21, 2012 at 06:00 PM
wjlapier
• • • •
p.3 #14 · Lost FMers ?

cogitech wrote:
Good to see (read?) you again Bill! I too remember seeing Mike Hatam's Oly 21/3.5 tests (ended up buying one, too). He hung around here for quite a while after Guy and Jack left...

Do you still have the F-mount Rokkor?

I sold it Probably the most regrettable sell I ever did. I spent alot of time on that lens.

Alot of the guys mentioned by EOS I see over at getdpi.

Nov 21, 2012 at 07:37 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
p.3 #15 · Lost FMers ?

cogitech wrote:
One more to add to the list (can't believe I didn't think of him before)!

hubsand!

Mark has been active over the last two and three months. Mostly on B&S.

Nov 21, 2012 at 08:13 PM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.3 #16 · Lost FMers ?

Ulff wrote:
I always thought FM to be completely ad-free. Last week, after I used another browser, I realized that it was my ad-blog add-on which kept FM ad-free for me over the years...

Same here. I NEVER see ads while on the net. It is a shock when using someone else's computer.

Nov 21, 2012 at 08:31 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.3 #17 · Lost FMers ?

I've used Adblock to remove half of the FM image junk at the top of all pages, in addition to the ads

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.3 #18 · Lost FMers ?

Wow...Denoir is gone? I used to follow his images a lot. That guy probably sold more Zeiss lenses than anyone else.

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:40 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.3 #19 · Lost FMers ?

He peeks in from time to time, but he has his own company (or is a partner, I am not sure), and has a still fairly new relationship which was continually getting more serious the last I heard, pulling him away from us

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM
rattymouse
• • • •
p.3 #20 · Lost FMers ?

carstenw wrote:
He peeks in from time to time, but he has his own company (or is a partner, I am not sure), and has a still fairly new relationship which was continually getting more serious the last I heard, pulling him away from us

Good for him. And for me. I really dont need to be buying Zeiss glass now. I have too much as it is.

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1       2      
       4       5       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password