Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              6       7       end

Archive 2012 · Bye Bye

fb101
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bye Bye

Due to a difference with the management of this forum, I have decided not to post here any more. Sincere thanks to all those who have followed me all these years. I can be found on Deviant Art ( fb101 ) or on 500 pixels ( F.Benveniste )

Edited on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM · View previous versions

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Ed Porter
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bye Bye

What?? You are one of the top, if not the best, people photographers here. Your work is admired by way more than might have been offended with your recent artistic rendition of a controversial subject. (I'm assuming) Reconsider, you are an asset and inspiration for many.

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM
fb101
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bye Bye

Thank you Ed... I'm staying a while on this thread as a courtesy for those like you who wish to say bye-bye....and to thank them for that. But as we say in France " Dogs bark and the caravan passes". My decision is made..

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bye Bye

Francois

I'm sorry to see you go. I have had a love / hate "relationship" with your work over the years. Some of your work I have found most disturbing or wondered why nudity had to be a part of it and other pieces I found most beautiful and well done. One thing your work never was, was cheep and cliche. You have a great mastry of composition and light.

Best of luck to you.

Regards,
Andre

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM
markperez
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bye Bye

management would rather side those that are annoying than those that contribute

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Bye Bye

Francois,

I'm at a bit of a loss here. Like Andre, I love a lot of what you've posted and didn't really care for a smaller percentage, but I would never imagine that the forum management would have any issue with your postings. Are you at liberty to tell us more about what's going on?

The forum is taking yet another serious hit with your departure. I don't have the numbers to analyze the number of posts on this forum this year from last year, but I think we're going in the wrong direction. And we can't afford to lose the quality of your work, as well as your daily contributions. I'm really disappointed by the news.

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM
broncoholic
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Bye Bye

This is a loss, but you gotta do what you feel is right for you.

Keep Pushin On!

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM
jdonaldallen
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Bye Bye

Well this kinda sucks...I always look forward to your post.

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM
doc5md
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Bye Bye

Best Wishes! Will miss your sense of light and unbelievable creativity!

Nov 20, 2012 at 01:26 AM
ether1
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Bye Bye

that's pretty horrible news....I joined this forum 6months ago thinking I can learn and grow as I try to learn photography and your work was always something I could aspire to.

How can this be so?
Your work is some of the most artistic here - regardless if people like it or not..... kind of like going to a museum and asking them to take Picasso down becasue I only like XVII century religion based paintings

Nov 20, 2012 at 02:31 AM

TJSarchett

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Bye Bye

I figured mgmt must have pulled the thread. I made a defense for you but the thread was gone about 15 minutes later. I will miss you here, but I have a deviant art account too so I look forward to seeing your work there.

Nov 20, 2012 at 02:35 AM
nissanboy
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Bye Bye

It was a great image and his facial expression made Image absolutely bloody fantastic.
Sad to see you go but your huge talent was lost a little on here.
I still follow your work on other sites as much as I can.
Cheers Mate. Thanks for sharing your stuff.

Nov 20, 2012 at 02:47 AM
jeraldcook
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Bye Bye

Francois,

I am sorry to see you go; I enjoyed the vast majority of your work very much.

I hope the recent implied violence (or actual violence, depending on your viewpoint) photo you posted isn't the reason for your departure. I cannot find the thread anywhere so I'm assuming that is the case. While I didn't particularly care for it, i certainly don't think the photo was over-the-top or worth leaving FM over either. I hope you choose to stick around but if not I'll just follow you on 500px.

Nov 20, 2012 at 02:49 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Bye Bye

Don't take Ziggy away please.
Sad news indeed, always enjoyed the work you posted. Not sure what has happened since I last checked the forum but it obviously must have been bad to see you go.

Nov 20, 2012 at 02:50 AM
Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Bye Bye

whoa... wtf is going on here....

Nov 20, 2012 at 04:00 AM
mhayes5254
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Bye Bye

I saw the post that prompted this before it was deleted and am not too surprised it is gone. As those of us who have regularly looked for your posts over the years know, the forum has gone through phases where resistance to your work has come and gone. This has often been when you have gently pushed us in a new direction. Perhaps you pushed a bit much this time but I think we will be worse off if you go away. I hope you will reconsider, if not now, sometime in the future. In any case, I have very much enjoyed viewing your work.

Nov 20, 2012 at 04:10 AM
fredv
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Bye Bye

I though the republication lost the election?
Dude, I will miss your work here, but see you on Deviant
American Morality… a ball of confusion

Nov 20, 2012 at 04:23 AM
Taff Dalling
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Bye Bye

Francois, you will be missed you have been the greatest inspiration to me and my desire to photograph. I will certainly continue following you through your website, deviant art and of course 500px it is a sad time for the forum to lose your artistic input

Taff

Nov 20, 2012 at 04:24 AM
Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Bye Bye

mhayes5254 wrote:
I saw the post that prompted this before it was deleted and am not too surprised it is gone. As those of us who have regularly looked for your posts over the years know, the forum has gone through phases where resistance to your work has come and gone. This has often been when you have gently pushed us in a new direction. Perhaps you pushed a bit much this time but I think we will be worse off if you go away. I hope you will reconsider, if not now, sometime in the future. In any case, I
...Show more

enlighten those of us that missed it?

Nov 20, 2012 at 04:37 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Bye Bye

he dared to post this pic and people cried like little babies....ridiculous. One person even said, "It wasn't good for our consciousness"......F.....kers. More than anything this kind of crap pisses me off. One of the best photographers gone because of a couple idiots
http://fb101.deviantart.com/art/Rough-love-338620461

Nov 20, 2012 at 04:53 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password