Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outsid...

millsart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

Given you habit of leaving cameras in taxi cabs I don't know if a M would be the wisest choice

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Ajay C
• • •
p.2 #2 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

+1 for Dale & Camera West.

Fireside Camera if you are in the SF bay area.

Nov 20, 2012 at 01:10 AM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

millsart wrote:
Given you habit of leaving cameras in taxi cabs I don't know if a M would be the wisest choice

Hah! But to be the first one to do so!

Nov 20, 2012 at 01:52 AM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

eosfun wrote:
Jae, are you sure you want to give up all of your gear for a Leica M? I mean, we have learned to know you as a great creative photographer who knows how to use the OM-D and a set of great lenses. To give up all of your lenses just to get a Leica M with one single lens, .... As much as I love full frame shooting and of course Leica quality is beyond any discussion great, I would never ever make a step like that. The jump from m43 to full frame has only one thing in
...Show more

Thanks man. It's always a struggle to stay interesting or exploring something new and trying to avoid something you've done a million times.

I guess I'm very mirror-less rich right now. The range finder aspect of the shooting experience isn't all that important to me. Everything I've read about it seems to indicate it's not as fast as the new methods of shooting.

What appeals to me is the novelty. If I'm honest, this hobby is an exploration of novelty and expression. For some strange reason, it feels like the correct next step. I think in some ways, it might actually be nice to have just 1 lens to use for a while. Creativity is having limitations sometimes.

Nov 20, 2012 at 02:32 AM
Dustoff06
• •
p.2 #5 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

Guys - I'm selling my M9, 50 Lux ASPH, 28 Cron and 90 Summarit. All 6 bit in black. All in just about perfect condition. M9 has RRS plate, thumbs up grip, spare battery and 1.25 magnifier. All manuals, boxes and LR license has not been activated. Don't feel like going through ebay. B&H is offering $8800 for everything. Guess I'm getting lazy. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can post pics on the Buy/Sell Forum.

BTW - Dale Photo is first class.

Nov 21, 2012 at 03:35 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

Be careful, Jae, you might think you can start with one camera and one lens, but pretty soon you will find yourself pawning your watches to get that noctilux

Nov 21, 2012 at 04:18 PM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

I've actually made several thousand on the watch trade. It's a hobby that at least pays for itself.

Pawning is the worst way to go.

Nov 21, 2012 at 04:26 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

FlyPenFly wrote:
I've actually made several thousand on the watch trade. It's a hobby that at least pays for itself.

Pawning is the worst way to go.

Yeah, I sure know. I was involved in the watch trade for several years. Very lucrative!

Nothing looks better with a Patek Philippe than a Leica M, preferably Titanium

I would recommend popflash out of personal experience, but the other vendors recommended above are quite reputable.

Nov 21, 2012 at 04:36 PM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

Yeah I wish I was closer to Asia to do some of the trading that goes on there. Probably more difficult to deal with buyers though.

Nov 21, 2012 at 04:44 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

FlyPenFly wrote:
Yeah I wish I was closer to Asia to do some of the trading that goes on there. Probably more difficult to deal with buyers though.

It's a very closed market. I used to work with a local broker who had access to the buyers. As a foreigner my chances of direct sales were very small.

Nov 21, 2012 at 04:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.2 #11 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

looks like a good way to get ready for the M240.

http://www.dalephotoanddigital.com/showpages.aspx?pid=1021#a_aid=4ec1e34531802

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.2 #12 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

Wow - that is indeed a sweet way to go....

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:32 AM
flash
• • • •
p.2 #13 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

I love my M9. I love my 35mm 1.2II. I have no desire to trade it for a summilux. But I don't know if it could be my "only" system.

Gordon

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:48 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.2 #14 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

I had the 35 lux asph, sold it, got the 35/1.2, greatly regretted letting go of the lux, sold the 35/1.2, bought the 35 lux FLE.

Size, weak colours and low contrast are why I let go of the 35/1.2.

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:06 AM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

thrice wrote:
I had the 35 lux asph, sold it, got the 35/1.2, greatly regretted letting go of the lux, sold the 35/1.2, bought the 35 lux FLE.

Size, weak colours and low contrast are why I let go of the 35/1.2.

Did you have the 35/1.2 version I or II? The version II looks to be better in the contrast department.

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:49 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.2 #16 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

Best bet is to pre-order from multiple reputable dealers and I mean more that 3 or 4 of them. And don't forget to put your name down with some smaller mom and pop camera stores that you already have a relationship with. You'll be surprised that some of these smaller shops might have one available.

Dale photo is great and I have bought from them but they and most other dealers have been taking pre-orders even before the new M was announced. Don't underestimate the cult of Leica. These big dealers probably have a few hundred people on the wait list and I am not kidding.

Dec 04, 2012 at 02:55 AM
Taylor Sherman
• • •
p.2 #17 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

Can't speak for version I, but version II does have great colors and contrast when stopped down. At f/1.2, a little washed out. Haven't really tried it at f/1.4 or f/2 much to see exactly where the knee in the curve is though. The coma and highlight fringing are actually the major flaws IMO.

Dec 04, 2012 at 03:58 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
p.2 #18 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

Ugh I need to get into watch resell Pronto!!

Dec 04, 2012 at 04:35 AM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.2 #19 · Anyone else getting a Leica M and suggested vendor outside of NY?

Taylor Sherman wrote:
Can't speak for version I, but version II does have great colors and contrast when stopped down. At f/1.2, a little washed out. Haven't really tried it at f/1.4 or f/2 much to see exactly where the knee in the curve is though. The coma and highlight fringing are actually the major flaws IMO.

Yeah, fringing and coma are pretty common with lenses this fast. Even the 35 Summilix apparently has fringing issues. Fortunately, fringing has become easy to fix in LR4.

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:56 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password