Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Anyone do a 5D mirror fix themselves?

Sheldon N
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Anyone do a 5D mirror fix themselves?

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
You used SUPER GLUE !
Hope all is well for you but that stuff can give off some Nasty fumes that can get into places you don't want. We use it at work to glue finger/thumb grips into bowling balls . Ours is a special formulation that's supposed not to damage the plastic material the balls are made from , and it can still have an effect. But it's easy to tell when someone has used standard shop bought stuff. It eats into the plastic and cracks radiate from the holes .

+1 on the warning against using super glue. My friend who is a camera repair technician says that he routinely works on cameras that have had super glue used on them and the outgassing/fumes from the glue can fog up things that didn't actually come in contact with the glue itself.

Nov 20, 2012 at 01:07 PM
ronno
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Anyone do a 5D mirror fix themselves?

I tried it myself only because I had to shoot and couldn't wait.
It worked for a short while (super glue) and then it fell off. Glued it on again, and again it shortly fell out.
Finally when done shooting I sent it in and Canon did a great job. They also replaced my dirty and scratched focusing screen for free because I asked them to ;-)

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:13 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.