Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · No United States Grand Prix photos?

markperez
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · No United States Grand Prix photos?

I am serious disappointed that it either I am blind enough to not see them posted or that no one has posted any the last 3 days

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM
jawoods

p.1 #2 · No United States Grand Prix photos?

I'm just an amateur hack and I literally just walked in the door from the race. Haven't even looked at the last 2 day's pictures yet. But to satisfy your F1 fix here's a couple from practice on Friday:

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #3 · No United States Grand Prix photos?

Paul Di Resta looks on apprehensively as his crew preps his ride for the final qualifier.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM
jawoods

p.1 #4 · No United States Grand Prix photos?

Couple more:

There can be only one:

Fred Miranda photographers? Which one of you is taking a leak?

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #5 · No United States Grand Prix photos?

Nov 19, 2012 at 02:29 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #6 · No United States Grand Prix photos?

jawoods wrote:
Couple more:

There can be only one:

Fred Miranda photographers? Which one of you is taking a leak?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/javajaws/DP8C8749.jpg

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

K.david

p.1 #7 · No United States Grand Prix photos?

I'm thinking about going to the motogp race there next year are there any good spots to shot from for a non credentialed photographer ?

Nov 19, 2012 at 07:10 PM
jawoods

p.1 #8 · No United States Grand Prix photos?

A grounds pass won't get you into any of the bleachers (at least don't count on it), and most of the viewing will be through fencing from the grassy/dirt areas - but there are a few good spots such as before the turn 9 bleachers, around the ends of the pedestrian bridges, top of hill on turn 11, around turn 1, and the occasional spot around turns 3-6.

Ground seating before/around turn 19 is great but photo ops are limited by the fencing. You may be able to find some locations that will get you a head on shot turning into 19, but I didn't bother because that is a very crowded area.

For bleacher seating, turn 15 offers a good right-to-left straightaway (2 if you are high enough) as well as a nice curve with the cars (or bikes in your case) heading towards you.

Turn 12 bleachers are pretty long but most will get you a good left-to-right straightway shot with good passing potential (at least in F1 due to DRS) as well as turn 12 itself (though they will be heading away from you).

Of the bleachers in the 3-9 area my pick would probably be 5 because of the angle to the track.

For bleacher seating around turn 11, 11W is probably better since the track is run counter-clockwise.

Some spots look great on paper but aren't so great in person because of the elevation changes and/or fencing obstructions.

FYI, any bleacher seats will let you into any of the non-bleacher / general grounds seating areas. For MotoGP there will probably be a smaller crowd and they may not be as strict though about letting people into low-population bleachers (at least the non-premium bleachers like around turns 3-9 and 11).

Hope that helps.

P.S. - the porta-potty photographers were at turn 15.

Nov 19, 2012 at 07:38 PM
K.david

p.1 #9 · No United States Grand Prix photos?

Thanks so much exactly I what I was looking for

Nov 20, 2012 at 03:17 AM
kwbarnes
• •
p.1 #10 · No United States Grand Prix photos?

There has been some dscussion of the USGP scattered through the last 20 pages or so of the Mustang Air to Air thread in the City, Still life (or what ever its called now forum).

You might want to take a look at the following blog about the event from a photographers viewpoint.

http://futurshox.blogspot.com/2012/11/formula-1-at-circuit-of-americas.html

(it's Not my blog, she is a regular on the Mustang thread).

Nov 25, 2012 at 04:18 AM
rolette
• •
p.1 #11 · No United States Grand Prix photos?

kwbarnes wrote:
There has been some dscussion of the USGP scattered through the last 20 pages or so of the Mustang Air to Air thread in the City, Still life (or what ever its called now forum).

You might want to take a look at the following blog about the event from a photographers viewpoint.

http://futurshox.blogspot.com/2012/11/formula-1-at-circuit-of-americas.html

(it's Not my blog, she is a regular on the Mustang thread).

Thanks for sending that link. Lots of good info there!

Jay

Nov 25, 2012 at 01:42 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password