Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Imperfect Subjects

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Imperfect Subjects

You raise an interesting question, Birdie.
Like others, I shoot what interests me and consider other factors later- if at all.
Your seeing and photography are so enlightened and skilled that it's always a treat to look at what you've aimed your camera at.
(Except for those ugly, fat, brown moths that you call "butterflies." )
Charlie

Nov 14, 2012 at 09:37 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Imperfect Subjects

It does seem that specimens that are less than perfect tend to tell their own stories and more of their character and struggles are visible, I have no problem with that. If one doesn't realize the impact of that image then that could be a problem depending on how they are trying to present it, case in point the beauty of a butterfly does not tend to show through on one with tattered wings but then again we all seem to appreciate the character of a well aged wrinkled face............I hope

There is a blend of both in your shots here which is kind of fun for my mind, I begin to see the beauty then realize some of the hardships yet can appreciate both aspects of the image, I often look at roughed up wings like patina on metal, it adds an interesting element to the image..........

By the way, your BG's are darn near perfect
Thanks for sharing and asking.........
Karl

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Imperfect Subjects

Thank you gentlemen for all your comments and input ! There are a couple of things that got me thinking about this.
One was some shots I took of a black swan. You known the beautiful bird with the graceful neck. The difference was this one had a malformed bill . I found myself hitting the delete key. After a few moments I wondered why. It still was the beautiful graceful creature, but with a blemish .

At any rate it got me thinking about the scars and blemishes that I see and sometimes I let them override the true beauty .

So, as Confucius says

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it."

So, I will try and see the true beauty that surrounds me with all its perceived flaws and imperfections.

Again, thank you for joining in on this conversation.

Birdie

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:21 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password