Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2012 · 5D III Lower Price!

M Lucca
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · 5D III Lower Price!

With tax it's still $3000!

Still too high.

Nov 19, 2012 at 04:47 PM
ardvorak
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · 5D III Lower Price!

How'd you manage that? Did you also buy a printer? I've used BuyDig many times, but see the 5D III listed as $3,299 on their site.

Nov 19, 2012 at 07:29 PM
arnold1
• • •
p.2 #3 · 5D III Lower Price!

echelonphoto wrote:
Just got one for 2800 from buydig.com

Their price is listed as $3299. How did you get that price?

Nov 20, 2012 at 01:39 AM
tmoney1876

p.2 #4 · 5D III Lower Price!

arnold1 wrote:
Their price is listed as $3299. How did you get that price?

Same question here... If I can get one for $2800, I might spring for it...

Nov 20, 2012 at 03:34 AM
bobbyz
• • •
p.2 #5 · 5D III Lower Price!

Haven't seen any Buydig $2800 deal for last two months.

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM
davinyc
• •
p.2 #6 · 5D III Lower Price!

Just got mine on Ebay $2886.06 from bigvalueinc. 5D Markiii body only. Everything good except one small important detail.

It says "All brand new Canon USA warranty" but no warranty card included.

Will contact them tomorrow and see what is forthcoming.

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM
claymiller

p.2 #7 · 5D III Lower Price!

Print these adds that are not ebay and take them to Best Buy for a price match. I got mine for $2804 but I did have to pay sales tax.

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:39 AM
tmoney1876

p.2 #8 · 5D III Lower Price!

Does best buy price match non-authorized retailers?

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:52 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.2 #9 · 5D III Lower Price!

Doubt it very much.

Nov 21, 2012 at 01:10 AM
Prevelige
• •
p.2 #10 · 5D III Lower Price!

Best buy price matched East Coast TVs ad yesterday. $2718 plus tax. Manager agreed, no question asked.

Nov 21, 2012 at 02:06 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sailingpilot
• •
p.2 #11 · 5D III Lower Price!

Avoid the gimmicks and questionable dealers. Take a look at these recent threads on Canon's MAP, and the responses from Henry at B&H. Then do what he says, and call or email them. You probably won't get a $2800 price, but you won't be too far from it. And if you don't live in NY, you won't pay sales tax. And you'll be buying a Canon USA warranty product from a well respected and certainly authorized Canon dealer.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1162637/1

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1162344

Thank you Henry and B&H...

Nov 21, 2012 at 02:06 AM
tmoney1876

p.2 #12 · 5D III Lower Price!

Missed those threads. Thanks for the pointers. Looks like I'll be emailing a few retailers after my next paycheck...

Nov 21, 2012 at 02:56 AM
claymiller

p.2 #13 · 5D III Lower Price!

Best buy matched East Coast TV for me as well 2 weeks ago at $2,804. To all the doubters out there, PM me and I will send you a copy of my receipt.

Nov 21, 2012 at 03:12 AM
Prevelige
• •
p.2 #14 · 5D III Lower Price!

As a follow up to my previous post, yes, BestBuy did price match EastCoast TVs pricing with no question. When I got back to my office, I had an emailed quote from Henry at B&H. His price, including all the "extras" was a better deal than $2718 plus tax from ECTV. I returned the camera to BB and happily placed my business with B&H. They have never yet left me unhappy as a client, and that means a lot to me. Email him, he's more than fair.

Nov 21, 2012 at 03:24 AM
gladivs

p.2 #15 · 5D III Lower Price!

I emailed B&H last week on this, and got the same 3299 is the lowest price. Don't really want the add-ons that the major retailers are throwing in - maybe it is their way of trying help us, but how many camera bags do I need? The memory card and extra battery might be nice but I have bunches of memory cards and I use a 7D now so have lots of batteries that work with the 5Dmk3.

I understand now it is not B&H's fault. I've bought tons of stuff from them over the last few years and this bothered me a lot when I received the email.

I've currently got an order in with someone listing it lower with USA warranty, but as described elsewhere that may-or-may-not be accurate. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, it will be a game-time decision on whether I accept it or not.

Edit: Well crap. I just saw Prevelige's note. My email from B&H is dated November 13, and their suggestion (when I said I didn't need all the extras and can I just buy the camera for less) was that I should sell the extras.

Edited on Nov 21, 2012 at 04:04 AM · View previous versions

Nov 21, 2012 at 03:45 AM
sailingpilot
• •
p.2 #16 · 5D III Lower Price!

gladivs wrote:
I emailed B&H last week on this, and got the same 3299 is the lowest price. Don't really want the add-ons that the major retailers are throwing in - maybe it is their way of trying help us, but how many camera bags do I need? The memory card and extra battery might be nice but I have bunches of memory cards and I use a 7D now so have lots of batteries that work with the 5Dmk3.

I understand now it is not B&H's fault. I've bought tons of stuff from them over the last few years and this
...Show more

You might want to call B&H again. I got mine last week and paid considerably less than 3299. None of that extra fluff, just the important stuff in the box, like a USA warranty card...

Nov 21, 2012 at 04:01 AM
splathrop
• • •
p.2 #17 · 5D III Lower Price!

Another customer happy with B&H. I'll bet if you stick with them you will end up with a better (and safer) deal than you can get elsewhere, everything figured in.

Nov 21, 2012 at 04:04 AM
gladivs

p.2 #18 · 5D III Lower Price!

Thanks Sailing pilot. I just edited my previous comment. My email is dated Nov 13 from them - a week ago.

Nov 21, 2012 at 04:05 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.2 #19 · 5D III Lower Price!

Just found the 5D3 for $2,679 at 42nd, here's the link

http://www.42photo.com/pd-productid-106517-k-canon_eos_5d_mark_iii_223_megapixel_digital_camera_body_only.htm

Edited post:
The bad reviews are not my personal experiences with 42nd, I have purchased bodies, lenses and filters since my film days...sad to see times have changed so dramatically.

I'll def call or email Henry at B&H...appreciate the tip!
Jerry

Edited on Nov 21, 2012 at 06:41 AM · View previous versions

Nov 21, 2012 at 05:02 AM
mmurph
• • • •
p.2 #20 · 5D III Lower Price!

^^ Whole string of 1 star out of 5 (worst) ratings on Yelp:

http://m.yelp.com/biz/42nd-street-photo-new-york-3

Basically selling grey market, slimy practices, strong attempt to upswell you to US body, sell warranty, etc by all kinds of lies imaginable.

Also look at Reseller Ratings. They bribe unhappy customers to try to get them to change negative ratings.

Spend the extra $50-$100 and go with a reputable dealer! Save yourself a lot if anxiety and stress.

As Henry said in some other threads, email B&H for their best price. See if they will match the $2,886 eBay sale, or another lower price.

Nov 21, 2012 at 06:15 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password