Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Night Falls on Seattle - Timelapse Video

NaturalChaos

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Night Falls on Seattle - Timelapse Video

It took me a couple of tries but I made a time lapse movie of night falling on Seattle. Hopefully that's okay to share here. I'm interested to see what you guys think.

The technical details are in the description if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns_7ueN0HRE&feature=youtu.be

Thanks!

Nov 09, 2012 at 07:53 AM
Justin Huffman
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Night Falls on Seattle - Timelapse Video

Great effort, a wee bit long to keep viewer interested. I think the day/night transition is fantastic. Did you do tons in post or is the auto on D7K that good at blending shots?

Nov 09, 2012 at 12:42 PM
NaturalChaos

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Night Falls on Seattle - Timelapse Video

Thanks Justin!

I actually wanted to keep it short given that's it's just a static shot. The transition was what I was really going for though so I could probably crop 10-15 seconds off of the beginning.

I actually didn't do any post on these whatsoever. Other than a batch resize/crop not a single frame touched Photoshop. I simply set my WB, switched my focus over to manual, and left it in AP mode. So, i guess the D7K is just that good

Nov 09, 2012 at 08:18 PM
saneproduction
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Night Falls on Seattle - Timelapse Video

Nice job! I was doing a bunch of this stuff in NY for the W8 launch and I didn't think of using AV. I was counting frames and manually adjusting then having to smooth out the shot to shot variations in LR4. It took a while

Nov 09, 2012 at 08:30 PM
NaturalChaos

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Night Falls on Seattle - Timelapse Video

Thanks!

I'd never have the patience to go through, frame by frame, and make the necessary adjustments. Fortunately my camera has excellent consistency when it comes to exposure in AP mode so I ignored all the time lapse tips that suggested putting the camera in full manual mode. I guess sometimes laziness pays off

Nov 10, 2012 at 08:37 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password