Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · NYC pano

Noedig

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · NYC pano

A 9 shot panorama of lower Manhattan I shot this past summer. Click to view larger versions, including original.

Canon 7D... Canon 50mm 1.4 shot at F13... 30 second exposure

Nov 07, 2012 at 06:24 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · NYC pano

This has a nice smooth blue feel to it. I like it. A couple of suggestions... I'd like to see a little more detail in the shadow of the buildings and you're getting a little bowing in the horizon from the stitch... easily fixable.

Nov 08, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Noedig

p.1 #3 · NYC pano

P Alesse... thanks for the suggestions. I did crush my blacks quite a bit. My original pano stitch using Photoshop really distorted the edge buildings... then I tried a different pano stitch mode which made a huge difference. But I can see the bowing you're talking about.

I'm not much of a pano kind of guy so this is new territory to me.

I am going to go back and brush back the exposure on that foreground light and ground... I feel it's drawing my eye away.

Nov 08, 2012 at 02:13 PM
nburwell
• • • •
p.1 #4 · NYC pano

P Alesse wrote:
This has a nice smooth blue feel to it. I like it. A couple of suggestions... I'd like to see a little more detail in the shadow of the buildings and you're getting a little bowing in the horizon from the stitch... easily fixable.

I definitely agree with Paul here, I would like to see some more detail in the shadows since the image is underexposed. With that said, I do like the flow of pano.

I would really like to see what you can do with boosting the exposure/shadows a bit.

-Nick

Nov 08, 2012 at 03:06 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password