New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2012 · Anyone holding out?

jonorees

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Anyone holding out?

7d mk2, really good point as could be the best value alternative to the 1dx especially if they get 10 fps out of it...

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Anyone holding out?

If you got a 5DIII on day one and used for 8 months then paid $3000.00 for it the other $500.00 being paid as rent about $15 a week. Would you rent a world class camera $15 a week? I did and am happy I did.

Nov 11, 2012 at 01:41 PM
jerbear00
• • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Anyone holding out?

Sarsfield wrote:
Just wondering if anyone is holding out on the purchase of the 5D Mark III due to price. I am and I believe that Canon will lower the MSRP to $2799 before Christmas. This will allow the Ebay retailers to lower the price to around my high price point of $2499. What do you think of my election night prognostication?

I am holding out.... I will be waiting longer than Christmas. Trying to fine tune my glass collection first.

Nov 11, 2012 at 01:47 PM
StarNut
• • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Anyone holding out?

WAYCOOL wrote:
If you got a 5DIII on day one and used for 8 months then paid $3000.00 for it the other $500.00 being paid as rent about $15 a week. Would you rent a world class camera $15 a week? I did and am happy I did.

+1

Not to mention that I sold my used 5D2 for $1600, which is more than I would get now.

Obviously everyone has their own price point for any particular tool, but I have never regretted jumping on this fine camera when I did.

JMO

Nov 11, 2012 at 01:52 PM
dswtan

p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Anyone holding out?

I bought in September the Adorama eBay deal at $2750 and was thrilled to do so. I have a trip upcoming and had missed action shots over the summer with my 5DII due to its focusing system, and the extra stop or so of sensitivity is also valuable to me (night shots).

The buying frenzy on the Adorama/eBay deal was amazing to watch in real time -- nearly 1000 cameras sold. Interesting data that the public doesn't normally see.

I think there's still a chance this price level will return, at least in the US, around US Thanksgiving -- but the release of the strange 6D and MAP makes it much less likely. I'm glad I bought when I did. Best of luck to all!

Nov 11, 2012 at 02:04 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.