Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · And I'm Still Waiting!!

nrferguson
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · And I'm Still Waiting!!

Not a comment but proposed title. I don't normally do street photography but saw this chap at St Pancras Station, London earlier this year and thought it looked better in B&W C&C appreciated
Niall

Nov 04, 2012 at 02:46 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · And I'm Still Waiting!!

Much goodness here.

Lots of lines (might need a touch of help to straighten verticals) and repetition, a variety of tonal values and a message that is very deliverable. Can't ask for a whole lot more. Nice job.

Processing is going to be a matter of taste & style. I might consider a bit of a crop to take out the bright reflections @ top of frame that competes/draws away from the subject. Took a stab at straighten/crop for perspective / illustration.

Nov 04, 2012 at 02:59 PM
nrferguson
• • •
p.1 #3 · And I'm Still Waiting!!

Thanks, definitely improves it
Niall

Nov 04, 2012 at 04:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · And I'm Still Waiting!!

Nice work Niall.
A worthy scene with great lines, diagonals and the subject is well-positioned to continue to make a statement in the frame and how he is looking into the scene.
Excellent choice for BW and the conversion looks very good.
Scott

Nov 04, 2012 at 07:13 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · And I'm Still Waiting!!

Wonderful image, lines etc. as Kent and Scott note. I enjoy the evocative aspect: exactly what is he waiting for? Why is he waiting, etc.?

A variation re-work...I tried, with little success, to recover detail from blocked up highlights. I think the ultimate result is a slight darkening, still lacking detail. Anyway, some sharpening, straightening, crop, touch of tone...and slight mid-tone contrast bump at end.

Again, great image Niall, thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Bob

Nov 04, 2012 at 08:34 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · And I'm Still Waiting!!

I think this needs the deeper shadows.
Scott

Nov 05, 2012 at 01:56 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register