Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Midway Atoll closed for 2013 season!

PV Hiker
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Midway Atoll closed for 2013 season!

If you have not heard or if you wanted to go...Midway Atoll closed for 2013 season! What a bummer, my gal comes back this past year saying how great it was and says she wants to go again. Now we both were going to go this next year. She has lots of stunning images and here is one of hers, a Red-tailed tropicbird that flies backward in midair with his courtship display.

Now Joseph Van Os sends out a discouraging letter. I can’t help but think that all the money that was spent refurbishing the facilities for tourism that now the buildings are going to decay due to lack of funds. Just makes it harder and more expensive to start it all back up again.

Patrick

Dear Midway Atoll Trip Participant:

It is my unhappy task to report Midway Atoll National Wildlife Refuge has been closed to visitation due to government budget cutbacks with a refuge shortfall of $1.2 million. Unfortunately, this situation looks like it will persist for the foreseeable future. I am extremely saddened to be forced to cancel all of our Midway trips for 2013. They were fully booked, with waitlists.

The decision for the closure of the refuge was announced on October 23rd. I have talked several times in the past weeks with the Superintendents of Midway Atoll National Wildlife Refuge and Papahānaumokuākea Marine National
...Show more

Red-tailed tropicbird flies backward in midair courtship display, Midway atoll

Nov 03, 2012 at 10:32 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Midway Atoll closed for 2013 season!

Too bad about the park. The bad news is balanced by the good (lovely) image.

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Midway Atoll closed for 2013 season!

Thats too bad, nice shot

Nov 04, 2012 at 06:59 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password