Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Contract for general use of an image?

FlyPenFly
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Contract for general use of an image?

A interior design company would like to use one of my images for a very large trade booth they're putting together. They're doing the printing and setup.

I'd like to make a contract for them so that they have rights to use the image for a month in any of their advertisements or installations.

Is there a template like this out there? We've already agreed on a price.

Thanks

Nov 02, 2012 at 11:23 PM
cwebster
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Contract for general use of an image?

I suggest Tad Crawford's book "Business and Professional forms for Photographers" it has a CD of forms included. My attorney says they aren't too bad.

<Chas>

Nov 06, 2012 at 06:48 PM
myam203
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Contract for general use of an image?

I actually just spoke with a successful commercial photographer about this. He covers the usage terms by stating them as a line item on his invoice and requiring full payment before the terms go into effect (also stated on the invoice). So, the client agrees that they cannot use the images until they pay him, giving him something to take into court if they try to stiff him.

Maybe you wouldn't be comfortable without a full-blown contract, but that's the way this guy does it and he's pretty much working at the top of his field.

Nov 14, 2012 at 04:15 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password