Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Just bought a new printer

Charles Gallo
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Just bought a new printer

OK, just shelled out for my first 'real' photoprinter - a 9500MkII. What finally pushed me over the top was Photoplus last week (thank goodness Pre-Sandy), and looking at what was done with fine art papers. Got a free sample from the Canson guys (Thank you again), and even on my little MX-860, I was shocked by what I could get with some of the matte papers (that said, the MX-860 and the Bayata (sp) did NOT get along - in fact none of the semi-gloss papers did

Anyway, ordered the 9500MkII last night along with a box of the 220gm Rag Photographique (which I LOVE for the portraits I was printing). Who knows when B&H and the USPS will have it to me (picked the free shipping). Only reason I didn't pick it up is that driving into Manhattan is nuts Post Sandy (as I type this, I'm up at 120th and Broadway, and wouldn't think of trying to get to B&H by car or subway, as the closest you can get via subway is 42nd st). Living in Queens, I figure I'll see the printer by Saturday most likely

So, on to the reason for the post - any hints for 1)Printing on this beast 2)For papers, 3)Ink? and 4)Displaying prints made on fine art paper

Nov 01, 2012 at 12:25 PM
lesaus
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Just bought a new printer

Charles Gallo wrote:
OK, just shelled out for my first 'real' photoprinter - a 9500MkII. What finally pushed me over the top was Photoplus last week (thank goodness Pre-Sandy), and looking at what was done with fine art papers. Got a free sample from the Canson guys (Thank you again), and even on my little MX-860, I was shocked by what I could get with some of the matte papers (that said, the MX-860 and the Bayata (sp) did NOT get along - in fact none of the semi-gloss papers did

Anyway, ordered the 9500MkII last night along with a box of the
...Show more

1) Download the latest drivers, 8-bit first, then the 16-bit
2) I print color and use Canon glossy plus II and pro platinum
3) Canon OEM inks

If you ever have clogged nozzles due to long periods (months) of idleness, don't use the built-in nozzle-cleaning procedures as they just waste a lot of ink. I posted the procedure that I use a few months back.

Enjoy it!!

Nov 01, 2012 at 12:58 PM
anthonygh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Just bought a new printer

I went for the Epson R2880 in preference because of the availability of 3rd party support for the Epson..pigment inks particularly.

That said....I went for the 9000mk2 for my dye printer as the Canon carts are easy to refill and it is a superb printer...with high quality OCP inks available...I really wanted a 9500 as well but no third party inks for it and Canon prices are...expensive!!

Do Canon printers ever clog??

Nov 02, 2012 at 12:58 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password